Latham & Watkins Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Latham & Watkins Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

Litigation Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with in-house recruiter. Recruiter said I was a very promising candidate and that I would hear back regarding next steps within a week. 7 weeks later there has been no follow up communication and the job posting has been taken down from the firm's website. I pinged the recruiter a couple of weeks ago but did not receive a response.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Brief telephone interview with friendly in-house recruiter. The recruiter asked what I know about the firm, and asked me to describe my background/experience/qualifications. The recruiter gave me some general information about the firm and the position specifically. Recruiter indicated that she would speak with the hiring manager about my qualifications and get back to me.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with about 5 different senior paralegals on the same day & had an excellent, relaxed & informative conversation with each of them. They showed me around the office & informed me of what exactly a Paralegal does as I had zero experience at the time. New hires in my position begin as Project Assistants, which is essentially an entry-level Paralegal/Legal Assistant. Aside from discussing work-related issues they each made an effort to talk with me about my personal interests & past travels, which made the entire process less stressful. Ultimately, I was happy & optimistic when I left the interviews & actually got a call the very next day to ask when I could start working there. I really loved the people & enjoyed my time there immensely despite the sometimes hectic & very long hours.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I don't recall any questions that were too technical or difficult to answer. The only one that I got self-conscious about was when I was asked if I planned on going to law school anytime in the new future because I worried saying yes might ruin my chances of getting hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I started with a base salary of about $38,000 & was generously compensated for all the over-time & weekends spent in the office. I also received an end of the year bonus based on peer reviews & hours billed to clients.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (San Francisco, CA) in October 2007.

Interview

I did on campus interview, which was a brief 20 minute interview with a partner from the Silicon Valley office. This was mostly a fit interview. They asked questions about my resume and why I was looking to work in SF, etc. Then I had a call back that went from 9 a.m. to after lunch. They gave me an offer on the spot, right after the lunch with a couple of associates.

Interview Questions

• N/A - though they might ask these kinds of questions to laterals, this is not something they ask to summers   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate. You might be able to get some better fringe benefits - like moving expense, etc. but that's it.