Lauberge Lake Charles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA).

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview and then manager interview. The entire process took about two full weeks. Then once you pass the manager interview they tell you how much money you will be making. One thing about the casino is the wages are very low.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles in March 2016.

Interview

They have really changed their process over time from when I first started interviewing with them. If you’re new with an okay resume and well liked you will get hired on the spot, but that was the past. Now they want you to do a final interview with HR which I think is unnecessary. Why should they get a part if you will be spending most of your time with the hiring manager and you never hear from them again after that? Next they will ask for license and social security then send you to do a drug test in town. Once all of that is passed they will contact you a week later for orientation. I personally liked it because they sent us out on a scavenger hunt and made us participate.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview-they ask you some pretty easy questions that you can find online at Monster.com like what kind of superhero you want to be and why?   Answer Question
    • Hiring Manager Interview- They have asked me about myself like school and what I do for fun. Then it gets real if they like you. They will give you a tour of the workspace and ask you a few harder questions like explain how well you got along with your former coworkers or name a time you helped a guest. This stage I enjoy the most.   Answer Question
    • Final HR Interview-this, I believe, is the hardest of them all. If your resume is sloppy that will be the first question they ask you and the interview could be over quick.   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA).

Interview

Asked about myself. Not much about experience . Didn't offer any extra for experience. No bonuses offered and seemed to make the company look like they take care of employees. Lied much about how it was a great place to work, but it's one of the worse known for not paying well.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there. One friend had interview on the phone. They were so desperate to hire people because they are known to treat floors bad and pay is very low for the hard work you do.   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

Must submit application. Usually want a min of 5 years experience. There is a panel interview with multiple other applicants. They will ask you a series of 5 questions one at a time that everyone must answer in no specific order. If you pass that interview, then you will move on to the departmental interview, which is much easier.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the best guest service that you have experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was great. The question was easy for me to answer. They was respectful. It only took about 20 to 30 mins for me to answer they question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company.   1 Answer

Valet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

First is a panel interview. During summer season this may consist of 10-12 people. Do not get nervous or anxious for this. Its very laid back and the HR department is very friendly and want to see you smile and engage in conversation with others. The questions are easy. Try to be first or second to answer atleast one of the questions. They want to see who is quick to give an answer even if it is not the best answer. All they care about is seeing which people are outgoing and able to engage in conversation.

Step 2 is a one-on-one interview with your department manager. These will be typical interview questions that you may find on Google. He/she may also ask about previous workplace and why you left.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at L'auberge and not Golden Nugget? Why? Please explain deeper.   Answer Question

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call for a panel interview. Directions will be provided as to how to get to the Human Resources office. They had scheduled a group of 10-15 prospective candidates (all for different positions). It lasted for about an hour and a half. They ask the group to answer about 5 questions verbally, to determine culture fit. At the close of this interview, they will call out names of the prospective candidates and let you know if you proceed on to the next interview or not.

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was brought to an office where my interviewee, Mrs. Ashley, asked me a few questions about my work before at the Isle of Capri. Mrs. Ashley was trying to get a good feel of my personality addressed me with scenarios of what would happen on occasion in the cage and i really felt i done well. I got an email two days later stating they found a better fit for the job then me.

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with a customer who was very upset.   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. The hiring manager didn't put any pressure on me or make me feel uncomfortable. When I showed up for the interview, even though I was 15 minutes early, he was standing at the door ready to greet me as I walked up. We went into the interview room and we started talking about football. It definitely lifted nervousness off me and put me in a lighter mood. The interview didn't take too long. After asking me about 10 questions, he said he has heard all he needs to hear and they would be in touch. The next day I received a call from the hiring manager offering me a job.

All Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lauberge Lake Charles (Lake Charles, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

First you apply online at ldljobs.com, keep an eye on your email because that is how you're contacted if you have been selected to interview. The waiting process can range from 2 weeks to 2 months so be patient. Once you have sceduled your interview time and it is the day of your interview, you're in for a new experience. That is, you will be part of a group of people interviewing at the same time by a panel of Managers/Directors. Each panelist will have a few questions that they ask, the one's being interviewed will raise their hand and answer the questions. The key to excelling on this type of interview (culture interview) is:
    1. Be positive and upbeat at all times (Remember this is the casino business)
    2. Think customer service before spitting out an answer
    3. Juice up your answer so that is a little better than the others answering, but not over the top. You just want to keep a competative edge.
    4. Once the interview is over, they will come back in and ask for a few people to leave. These are generally the one's that didn't make the cut.
    5. Next you will get to meet with the department manager who makes the decision of whether or not to hire you. Again, stay positive and upbeat (high energy)

Interview Questions

• Questions are all common sense. Just think out your answer so you don't stumble when you talk.   Answer Question