Laureate Education Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Laureate Education Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated May 9, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Personalized and professional experience during the interview process. They want to ensure the right cultural fit for their future vision. HR was engaging and thorough in their description of what they are looking for in a candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked to travel (from out-of-town) for an in-person interview. I met with 5 or 6 people in the course of about 4 hours. Everyone was friendly and the questions were relevant to the open position and the current priorities of the surrounding team(s). *However* I never received any response back (positive or negative) and not surprisingly, never received any reimbursement for travel related expenses. For an organization with significant financial resources, this is both disappointing and disrespectful. Something other candidates should note.

Interview Questions

• Please describe relevant experience implementing and tuning Agile processes,   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a brief phone screen, then contacted a week later via email to set up an in-person interview. The interview was with four people, including the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Contacted by HR for initial phone screening, which went well. Upon following up over the next few weeks, he passed me on to a new HR rep, who set up a phone interview with hiring manager. Again, thought it went well and a month later went in for a full day on interviews. This is where things got messy. This new HR rep sent me the interview schedule with a different candidate listed (the competition) and had us both there on the same day, so our paths crossed. Was rushed around for five hours, meeting with five different people, with no break. My final interview was cut short and I was hurriedly rushed out to the exit. Was told that I would hear back later in the week. Wrote thank you/follow up emails with everyone I met with - not one response. Not even a rejection letter, even a year later. Laureate doesn't have a great reputation, and gee, wonder is this interview behavior has at least a little to do with it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied on the company portal and I got call for HR office after one week and it was a Skype call the next day. It was a discussion on my resume.

Manager Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interviewed with the manager and director of the department at the same time. Both alternated with there questions about my background and experience. When I asked questions they seemed to get defensive. Overall the atmosphere was pleasant until I asked a few questions they weren't sure how to respond.

Corporate Position (Specifics Withheld) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview two days later. Phone interview was standard: overview of company & a quick walkthrough of resume. Later on that same day the recruiting coordinator scheduled me for an on-site interview for the following week.
    The on-site interview process was smooth and everyone was warm and welcoming (including random people we passed in the hallways, it was nice to see a friendly environment off the bat). I had three 1:1 interviews that were back to back. I was never kept waiting long and each interviewer came in with a different approach than the last. This was well thought out on their end and I appreciated that I didn't have to repeat myself over and over for 3 hours.
    I was feeling pretty great at the end of the 3rd interview when the EVP began to discuss salary & asked if I was being interviewed elsewhere. She mentioned that they would be making a decision the following week.

The next day I dropped off thank you notes & I haven't heard back from them since, even after sending a follow-up e-mail. It's been about a month and a half since my interview.
    The only negative here is the lack of follow-up with candidates. I have seen this same issue repeated in other reviews as well.
    All in all, it was a positive experience, and I'm definitely disappointed that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• When were you the proudest of your accomplishments in your career, your "I did that!" moment?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Great, everyone was friendly. After the great interview in person, I was interviewed on the phone by someone who grilled me and was supposed to be my trainer. Later on, she always seem to dislike me and even gave incorrect information that caused me to have a bad performance review.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in AR?   1 Answer

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They called (or recruiter called) my references before granted in-person interview (after passing interview), went to their offices (1 hour away, took a day off from work) and it became clear that the job had been cut due to budget constraints, though this was not told to me. I met with 4 people, the first was the HR person who had to be tracked down at home because they forgot about the appointment - we had a phone interview from the office conference room. The person that would supervise this position also only had only 20 minutes to spend with me and I had to take a one hour break to wait for him (told to go get my own lunch).
    Later heard from recruiter that they really liked me but I was correct in my assessment that the job was cut. Just annoyed at their lack of respect for the process. Surely they could have cancelled in advance and not wasted my time.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laureate Education (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly smooth but had points of delay interspersed throughout the process. The team seemed strong and my experience with the executive team was positive. The organizational goals in 2015 & 2016 are strong and aligned with positive growth.