Laurentian Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Laurentian Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I was contacted for a telephone interview with an HR Rep. I was later invited to an in-person interview, which consisted of testing by the HR Rep and an interview by the HR Director. Both individuals were pleasant and respectful. I did not get the position applied for but as I found out more about it, I agree that this was not the perfect match for me The feedback received was greatly appreciated. I wouldn't hesitate to apply again for a different position.

Interview Questions

• The testing consisted of 4 essay-style questions: two in English and two in French, followed by a standard interview: standard questions and review of CV.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had 3 interviews with three different people. Once the short list was decided, they changed hiring managers and as a result there was no conclusion! Position was again reposted and I was not even considered for the second posting even though I was on a short list of 3 finanl candidates.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with our products?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

received a phone call through a hunt company, recrutaction, and meet with them,then interview with the recrutation employee. After that, i received a phone interview with bank during about thirty minutes. and then, i was told to wait about one week to have the answer.

Interview Questions

• Why laurentian bank, why you, what do you see yourself 5 years from now. What do you know about the job   Answer Question

Client Representative Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

First telephone interview, general questions about reason to join the firm, etc. Second, a one-hour interview downtown Montréal at their headquarter. After I had an interview at the branch with the director.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank.

Interview

I had 3 interviews,
    1. by phone, general questions, like:why I would like to work there, what are my expectations from the company, how do imagine a working day.. We discussed about offer..
    2. In person with HR Representative, verified my ids and diplomas, signed up to check my credit background.. General questions ..as : where do I see myself in 5 years.., how would I react under stress, made an improvisation of a credit card sell..
    3. Interview with branch manager.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank.

Interview

General Topics - 3 interviews in person, all in person interview, manager twice and then colleagues potentially would be working with. It was a great experience and managers were very nice. Be firm.

Interview Questions

• Sales process, what's industry like, what can you deliver, what did you do prior, any conflict previously and how did you deal with them   Answer Question

FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank (Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Two VP's came at my university as part of the intership program running here. They took about 30 minutes to know who I am and what my motivations were to get the position. Not the hardest interview, but it should be quite something else if you are applying for a full-time position.

Senior Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied for posting via Linkedin and was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview with the recruiter for the initial screening. After passing the phone interview, the final interview was a panel interview. The process was quick and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding culture, individual and goals   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Did not go through formal interview as I was promoted internally. When going through HR, no difficult or technical questions were asked. Only what were your goals and education and what you would like to do.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Laurentian Bank in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's co-op job board.
    Approximately two weeks later, I was invited to an in-person interview on campus. I was interviewed by the Commercial Banking AVP, one Account Manager, and one Senior Underwriter. The interview was conversational in nature. I received the job offer approximately two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Laurentian Bank?
      Why do you want to work in Commercial Banking?   Answer Question