Law Offices of James Scott Farrin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was a very organized interview process in my experience. I applied online and heard from someone in HR within a few days to do a phone interview. It was soon after that I was contacted to do an interview in the office with two attorneys and a paralegal. The interview was standard questions that you'd expect and I received an offer within the following week.

Interview Questions

• How have you gone above and beyond in a previous job?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working at a large firm with a lot of case volume?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interviewer was prompt, friendly, engaging. Asked relevant questions, qualified my skills with informed discussion. Funny, personable, professional. I was intrigued and interested. The second interviewer was more formal, but kind and obviously had a high standard, which I thrive on.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a challenging project and how you made it a success.   Answer Question

Administrative Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin (Durham, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized. The HR interviewer initially asked me for starting salary rate would be if I were hired, and explicitly stated that the interview would not go on until this question was answered. Which led me to believe that negotiating was not an option here.

Phone Interview : 30 minutes with HR - they pretended to not know what the next steps in the interview process was or hiring date. I was then emailed the next steps. I found this disturbing as the in person interview did not go as described. Was told would site with two person for panel discussion.

In-person interview- hiring Manager / did not move forward with other person interviewing - for some reason? This only lasted 20 minutes.

Nice office but the interview process is very shady. I was told they would let me know in 3 days a decision. Still no response and this job posting is back up on indeed.com as If they were ever interviewing.

Don't waste your time walking into this office if they call you back for an person interview because the questions asked in person can be answered over the phone. There is also no one where to park at this office. I was lucky to get a 2 hour parking space at lunch time. Horribly coordinated.

The 2.5 score given by others on this website about this law firm was an automatic red flag.

Interview Questions

• How would determine a companies well-being?
      Why did you chose project management as your field of study?
      Name a time when did something at work at absolutely loved it?
      What don't you like about your last job?
      What did you like about your last job?
      Name a time when you faved a challenge and what did you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by hiring supervisor and assistant. Various questions about background, and then more or less typical questions about how I would handle certain scenarios/culture. Ended with a typing test and simple paper test of cognitive and logic skills (not difficult). Really nothing to complain about- they were timely, not intimidating, asked fair questions, were friendly, and didn't keep you for very long (maybe 1 hr?).

Interview Questions

• Would you become bored with this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None really, job was offered with pay level- take it or leave it. Straightforward.

Case Manager - Personal Injury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

Interview

Responded to a Craigslist ad when I was new to the area, not realizing at the time that this place ran ads non-stop due to a HUGE turnover. Was invited for an interview and met with a male attorney. The attorney did not even know what position I was interviewing for and he was unsure as to the qualifications and responsibilities. He was distracted throughout the entire process and said "Uhhh" a lot and kept answering his phone. This was probably one of the worst interviews I have sat through as I realized 2 minutes into it, that it was not going to go well. Although the attorney promised someone would either call or email me, regardless of the hiring decision, I did not hear from anyone. I was not surprised. I later found a (now defunct) website where people vented about their jobs. This particular firm had A LOT of negative postings from current and former employees. I was relieved that I did not get hired.

Interview Questions

• "Uhhhhh, so, uhhh, how do you feel about working with other people".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin (Durham, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

Very laid back. Somewhat unprofessional. Was asked personal questions not pertaining to position. The interview process what very disorganized. I was supposed to meet with one person. When that person was a no show they sent someone else to talk to me that didn't even work in the same department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received a take it or leave it offer. This was my first job offer out of school and they said that they had hundreds of people lined up to take the position if I didn't.

Paralegal Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Law Offices of James Scott Farrin in January 2010.

Interview

After the phone interview, no return calls for over a week. Often left wondering status of interview. Once a face to face interview was scheduled, there were over 8 people present besides myself. Very unorganized.

Negotiation

One offer- take it or leave it.