Lawrence Berkeley Lab Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lawrence Berkeley Lab Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Interview was quick. Staff was friendly. They asked questions related to my background first and questions judging my research capabilities. they always responded to all my e-mail queries in a day time which was good. Hiring process is little smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your achievements in research?
    Tell us about a problem you encountered in research and how you solved it?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and fast. It was onsite 1:1 discussion style interview. Overall people who work in the lab are very intellectual and yet down to earth.

Interview Questions

• My Principal Investigator asked me about my experiences with different chemical analytical equipments.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

very well communication with the HR. make sure you express your expertise and match to the requirement of the job and show your interests and passions
    connect what you learn from school to the project that you are interested, make a good homework about your resume and cover letter and convince the HR that you are the best one to that position

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview with the person hiring me was about an hour discussing potential research topics and methods for a research paper. It took about an hour, maybe more. Later, I met with someone from HR who gave me lots of paperwork to complete. The entire process took about 5 hours. It took a few weeks for the paperwork to get finalized.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone and went in for a one hour 1:1 interview. Met the group and saw the lab. The interviewer asked about my past projects and tested my level of knowledge of the projects that I listed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Preset salary ranges. Very narrow (~10k) Not much room to negotiate

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.

Interview

Had one on-campus interview with a graduate student from the lab. He asked me about my coursework, prior lab experience, and availability during the semester. He asked me to explain some technical methods that I knew of, and answered my questions about the project.

Interview Questions

• What molecular biology or bioengineering technique are you looking forward to learning about the most?   Answer Question