Lawrence Berkeley Lab Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Lawrence Berkeley Lab Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 28, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Typical process for a research positions: give a presentation on your past/current research work to the groups interviewing with, followed by one-on-one talks/interviews with various researchers in the department and groups
    Focus is on your potential as a researcher

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

No pre-phone interview. Was invited to give a job talk and then spend the rest of the day speaking with small groups of people. Very few questions about my experience and background beyond what was asked during my talk. Instead, they explained to me the details and background of the project I'd be working on.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funds, what research project would you pursue?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was called in on two different jobs- although I had been at the labs prior and it was a good process. Was discussing two different jobs and was turned down for one before getting my current flywheel position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview last about a whole day. Give a presentation in front of the group members for almost 45 mins including question & answer section. And talk with most group members 1 vs 1 regarding to their research. Have lunch together with some group members.

Manufacturing and Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the recruiting manager. Some questions about my background, no technical questions. Then they invited me for a piano interview and I had also to prepare a presentation on a technical subject linked to the job position I applied. The presentation last for 1 hour and the piano interview 1 hour too. They asked me technical questions during the presentation and then more questions about my background and why and how I could fit with their organization.
    Then they gave me a tour of the lab which was very nice of them. It was very nice to visit the cyclotron. Then, They asked for three recommendation letters from my ex company.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage resistance to the quality implementation?
      Do you have experience with suppliers?

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Interview was quick. Staff was friendly. They asked questions related to my background first and questions judging my research capabilities. they always responded to all my e-mail queries in a day time which was good. Hiring process is little smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your achievements in research?
      Tell us about a problem you encountered in research and how you solved it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was flown in to the lab and put in a hotel in Berkeley. I had 7 one on one interviews of half an hour and I also gave a seminar talk followed by questions. I was also taken for lunch at the cafeteria with a few of the staff members that interviewed me, and there I met a few more people on random (or not, I can't tell for sure).

Interview Questions

• Everyone who interviewed me wanted me to describe my research.
      I was also asked what was the significance of my research.

Post Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume, cover letter, and statement of career goals using the taleo website. 5 days later I was emailed by an employee at LBNL, who asked about conducting a skype interview. Their interest was based on what I wrote in my statement of career goals.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on their hiring portal wherein I filled up an application form, was given a programming challenge and then an interview was conducted to find out more about the work I had previously done and the projects that I had undertaken.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

4+ weeks of emails between recruiter and me. It was a direct contact with the engineer. The HR only intervened once the engineering department gave the approval. They were very nice and straightforward. They interact with me as a lab and not a company

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about engineering, nothing tricky.   Answer Question