Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Met with one expert in the field I was applying for. Then there was a call back for the panel interview. Then you wait for a couple of weeks to get a answer to get a call from Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the overall projects and mission of LLNL   Answer Question

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Response

Mar 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience; we look forward to your joining us soon!

Senior Computer Support Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Typical phone screen to determine technical awareness, followed by on site interviews with various teams. Final round of interview is highly technical and used to place your job classification position.

Interview Questions

• What is RAID and why is it used?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was an hour-long phone interview with a few of the researchers and staff members who would be working with the new candidate. I was asked questions about topics involving biology, programming, and data science. Everyone was cordgial and interested to learn about the limits of my HPC experiences and data science knowledge. I had multiple interactions through email before and after the interview that were informative and positive as well.

My only complaint was that they said they were looking for a "unicorn" individual who could do everything, while admitting that such a person didn't really exist. As such, it bothers me that I didn't get to continue interviewing with them despite having 80-90% of the qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• How many computer cores did you work with at a given time?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe a sorting algorithm to me?   1 Answer
    • Have you used C++ booster libraries and know how the C++11 standard differs from prior versions?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

Interview

The interview starts with a 45 minute technical presentation of past projects and is followed by 3 to 4 panel interviews. The group then takes you to lunch at a local favorite restaurant and the day wraps up with a meeting with HR.

Summer Interview

Interview

Discussed different projects that I could be working on. Phone interview was about an hour long and had a great interviewer. It was overall good experience and gave me more insight about the lab.

IT Interview

Application

Interview

Called my hiring manager and told they wanted to talk about a potential opening. Spoke over the phone and was provided details of the job. Asked about experience with Networking, setting up servers and SCADA systems.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about some network protocols you have worked with.   Answer Question

Database Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at the fall and winter job fairs at my university, after expressing continued interest in position and built up the desired skills I received a phone interview. Because I had already spoken to the recruiter at two job fairs where we had discussed my past experience, current skill set and spoke specifically about the desired skills to improve upon, the actual phone interview was focused mainly on verifying that I had the SQL skills and less on personal questions.

Spacecraft Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screening in which I was asked general background questions by the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about thirty minutes and the hiring manager was very prompt in responding to email inquiries.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one in-person interview that went very well. Very friendly and welcoming environment at the lab. People here are very helpful and always willing to teach and train job/life skills.

Interview Questions

• Do I have experience working with people soft software?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA).

Interview

I presented my research topic (during phd) for 1hr and, and had 1-on-1 meeting (30 min each) with about 12 people (including 2 from HR dept). I got questions mostly about my research.

Interview Questions

• asked about one of the detector devices(how to calibrate, basic physics)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

Interview

In depth phone interview that went over details about rad and industrial hygiene experience. If more experience in one than the other, that is okay.

Will be notified pretty quickly if you advance to the onsite panel interview. This interview is more about compatibility and personality.