Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 183 of over 183 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Interview

It took a long time between applying and actually getting an interview, the web interview was poorly organized and awkward because of excessive background noise from some of the interviewers phones and chosen locations. The questions asked had little bearing on the actual job and seemed more focused on personal interactions and policy rather than questions based on actual job experience working on potable water, process water and air systems. This lead me to question if they have issues with conflicts with current workers or managers.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a dispute with a coworker?
    Answer Question

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Interview

First, gave a presentation to the entire group on a technical topic (research or similar). Afterwards, we moved over to a panel of questioning with the team leadership, where they asked questions on the presentation and on other experiences noted in the resume.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me about strategies to reduce voltage ripple on switching voltage regulators

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an on-site panel interview. the panel consisted of 5 different fulltime staff engineers. The presentation was about 20 minutes, followed by a 40 minute Q&A session.

Interview Questions
  • Give a presentation on at least 3 different projects you've worked on in the past.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Very smooth and direct. Director was very easy going. They asked somewhat difficult questions but I remained confident throughout the process. I think that is key to a successful interview-be confident.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

I had three back-to-back interviews with multiple team & project leaders. LLNL has plenty of internal employee mobility, so ensuring compatibility across various groups makes a lot of sense. The interviews mostly consisted of a discussion of my past experiences. One was technical.

Interview Questions
  • How would assess scaling issues for code on an HPC system? What testing tools and techniques did you employ on your previous projects? How would you approach and resolve team conflict?

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Interview

Very awesome experience and quick through the entire process. Had a phone call with two supervisors that were very professional and gave great details about the job that I was applying for. Sometimes job postings say a lot of things that are confusing and they explained the “reading between the lines” of the job and asked me how my experience would translate.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think your experience will transition to fit this job?

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

Panel interview 5 minutes for introductions 15 minute presentation to panel 40 minutes of Q&A with panel 2 weeks later call with decision from hiring manager 1 week later official offer from HR

Interview Questions
  • Questions based on making sure you have the skills, knowledge and ability to perform duties

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

First step was just a call with the hiring manager and another employee it wasn’t too bad. Once you get passed that they ask you to make a technical presentation about a project you’ve been involved with to a large group of people that are going to have a say in your hiring and might want to hire you for their team. This is where there was some issues, I was informed there were some last minute changes and other hiring managers were taking over the presentation interview process for this specific day. 2 logged on and they informed me others would be joining midway and to go ahead with the presentation. Right then it seemed like a rushed and unorganized way of doing things. They told me they hadn’t read my resume or reviewed my presentation slides which they make you send beforehand. Red flag. Another employee logged on but then left 5 minutes into my presentation saying they had to run. I actually still felt I presented well and was able to answer all their questions well regardless of the situation. But overall it was a pretty disappointing experience, I put in a lot of effort into making and then practicing the presentation to only be presenting in front of 2 people who hadn’t done any research at all about the person they were interviewing. I felt I wasn’t even given a chance because of the circumstances. A week later I received a notice that they had chosen another candidate. I asked for feedback about my presentation and what I could have done better but never heard back. Really felt like my time and effort were completely disregarded.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Interview

Half-day interview with members of the hiring team and their colleagues. Interview includes giving a presentation of my research related to the position. There was a roundtable session where I was asked questions from six people from various teams.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my my ideas on the best options for reducing greenhouse gas emissions within the scope of the job position.

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Jul 2021

Interview

The hiring and interview is a long process. After applying for the job you will meeting for 30 minutes talking about what you’ll be apart of and what interests you. Then you will have a presentation interview for 45 minutes about your technical projects and 45 minutes of questions about what you presented. There will be about 8 people watching your interview. Then after that it’s just a waiting game on doing more background checks and so on.

Interview Questions
  • What aspect of mechanical engineering do you enjoy? (Fluids, machine design, thermo, heat transfer, materials, etc)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 183 Interviews