Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Software Developer Web Applications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Developer Web Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from Dice regarding my resume post. Followed by a quick 15 min interview with the recruiter explaining what positions that were available at Lawrence Livermore Labs, explained the culture, and the history of the lab. My resume was pushed into the hiring manager who asked mostly about my resume, experience, and projects directly related to the oracle, java, and principals related to design. Very simple and quick. A few days later i was called in for a 1 hour technical phone interview asking about java trivia, design patterns, collections, and data structures. I was then invited in for a 2 hour panel type interview. First 1 hour was with 4 -- hiring manager, senior manager, 2 current team members. Second hour was with 6 additional engineers from out side groups. He first started asking me about my major and why i picked it, which focus did I pick and why i liked it. He asked for my GPA and what were some of my thoughts about the program at sjsu. A different engineer asked me about object oriented design, advantages of interfaces, abstract classes. He asked about design choices of why i would use this over other, about managability and reusability. A different engeer asked about web application, gui components, action listeners, deployment descriptors, WSDL, WSRP, SOAP, SQL trivia.

Interview Questions

• describe your most difficult project, what was the problem, how did u solve it, what was the out come   Answer Question