Lawson Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lawson Products

2.6

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Standard multi-layered interview process broken down into 4 30-minute sections. Met with a total of 8 people in 2 interview rounds. Very standard questions and more of a conversational interview as opposed to question-answer.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people. Hiring manager asked the most questions and the 2nd person asked additional question they felt was missed or necessary to understanding me and my skills better. Both were nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and how it related back to the position   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawson Products (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very nice. Met with DSM and reviewed job and duties involved. Very easy. Did a ride along with another rep in the area to see what the job is like, No complaints.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products in October 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by company recruiter who then referred me to the District Manager for a face to face interview. Then waited a week, had a second interview with the company recruiter, then a drive along with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the selling process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Greenville, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very good interview and the regional manager was very informative

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Had open house at a hotel with a ton of applicants scheduled every hour. Met one on one with the hiring sales manager. He made it clear they were doing interviews today to narrow down the applicants and bringing back the finalists tomorrow. The interview lasted about an hour and they asked your typical interview questions about your previous employment. They were definitely looking for an experienced outside sales person who is skilled in making cold calls, and developing a new territory from scratch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made a very fair offer so I did not negotiate .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Portland, ME) in July 2017.

Interview

I first met with the hiring manager, then had a phone screen with HR a week later. The process was unorganized as I should have been phone screened first. They admitted the error and appeared disconnected and did not communicate with each other. That was the first red flag. The face to face interview was very generic with no creativity. The position is a low base salary that diminishes each year. There also appears to be high turnover.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawson Products.

Interview

Mass interview at local hotel. Met one on one with regional manager then met one on one with district manager. I was called the next day and was offered the job.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very good - had 2 phone conversations, then a personal visit to the office and a return visit to complete the interview process. I apprecaied getting to meet several department heads during the interview process. That gave me a feel for what their views of the progress that had been made and their committment to the process.

Interview Questions

• many questions around the change from IC to employee, and I was asked by HR what I would do if an IC refused to get engaged   1 Answer

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Okay where do I start? Well it first started with an initial phone interview for a position in Houston. Everything went well so I was then invited to meet with the managers in an hotel. There was only one position a available but they invited about 20 others to meet with the managers....I mean, this not Google or Apple. Come on guys, this is just overkill. Any who, I completed the interview. You know that feeling you have when you finish an interview that you know you did well? Well I had that feeling after I met with these guys. Later that day, I was invited to come back for another interview. Damn near the same questions as the first. Didn't make sense. They say only 3 was invited to this 2nd formal interview. I killed it because like I said, it was the same questions. A few days later, received a call to complete a ride along. Now usually when you have a ride along, they ready to offer you the position but want to see if you will like it. Completed the ride along in 2 hours. Expressed my interest in the position during the ride along. A week later, nothing from manager or recruiter. So I began to call every couple days to the manager and of course he didn't answer any of my calls. I called on a different number and guess what guys? He answered but I just hung up. Now I'm completely turned off to the position. Recruiter called me a few days later saying they were going with someone else. I just laugh and said perfect.

Very unprofessional experience overall.