Lawson Products Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lawson Products Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Lawson Products

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

Met at hotel and the manager seemed like a great guy. He was not a manager that operated in Las Vegas but would be my boss's boss. It went well....I just don't think that the base salary was high enough for someone with my level of sales experience. Maybe Next time they can have a major account executive position or a senior level position

Interview Questions

• How long was my last job employment?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lawson Products

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy phone interviews, three of them to be exact. Then in person interview with DM, and follow up phone interview with RVP. Offer was made and given 7 days to think it over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lawson Products (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Met the Sales Manager in his hotel room. This is where he conducted the interview which was strange to say the least. I understand that they do not have an office in the area but it would of been more professional in the lobby/breakfast area of the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Basic 101 interview questions but tried to sell me on their product line, as if he was closing the sale. From what the recruiter informed me about the job duties and salary was very far off from reality.   Answer Question

Job was not what they portrayed it to be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1st phone review went really smooth. Interviewer stated how the interview would be conducted. Interviewer was calm and asked if there were any questions after each topic. As questions and comments were given interviewer could be heard typing answers. After interview was done a detailed explanation was given as to what would happen next.

Interview Questions

• How many and types of accounts would I bring to this position? Largest, ($$$) account? How would you handle a irate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Yakima, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview! Talked about the importance of service over price and what the territory was like, how would you handle a customer that is very price aware. Made a point of making sure the prospected employee understands that Lawson sells on quality of their products and service and not on price.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating just here is what we offer take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Fresno, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Didn't make it past the first phone interview because the pay was too low for what I needed.
    Base is approx. 30K and commission they said would take the first year to approx. 50-60K. After 9 month the base would start to decrease and after 36 months you would operate only on commission.
    Overall the HR lady was very nice and upfront. No hard feelings.

Not enough base

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Informative and professional phone interviews, spoke with three separate members of the company before I was officially offered a position. Everyone welcomed me to the Lawson Family with supportive and open arms. They encouraged me to call people in the organization with any questions before I accepted the offer. Then did a ride along with other sales reps in the area to get a feel for how the company works and what is expected of their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Corpus Christi, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was located at a hotel. The interview process had several people in line to be interviewed. The process took about 25 minutes. Basic interview questions were asked during the process.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2018.

Interview

District Sales Sales Manager was good, friendly and pleasant. He told me a little about his background and where he came from. He also explained the back ground of the company what he was looking for as far as a sales rep.

Interview Questions

• What kind of out sales experience do you have that will contribute to Lawson   1 Answer