Lawson Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lawson Software Interview Questions

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Software in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The initial interview with the recruiter was pretty standard. He told me more about the role and asked for more details on my work history. He scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The hiring manager never called at the scheduled time. I reached out to the recruiter and he rescheduled for the next day. The hiring manager never apologized or offered any explanation for why she did not call the previous day. The interview went well and she scheduled a phone interview with her colleague. The interview with the colleague lasted about an hour and I was told he would contact me with next steps. Several days later the recruiter contacted me via email to ask what was going on. I thought this was very strange as he should be telling me. I responded that I had not heard anything. After this email, I never heard from anyone again. I've interviewed for many positions but this had to be the strangest experience ever. It would have been nice to receive a 'we've decided to go with another candidate' email rather than radio silence.

Product Management Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Software (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Great opportunity - work would be in new product area. Potential upside with new business group being formed.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a developer who missed a deadline on a mission critical project?   1 Answer

Lack of confidence in market strategy

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Software (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

My first interview was with an HR respresentative that spent most of the time talking with me about the company and the opportunity. I hardly talked about myself and the interview questions were very standard.

The second interview was with the internal audit director who described the layout of the company and expectations. He specifically asked about experience drafting up risk assessments in which I provided a typical audit risk assessment. Since I didn't get the position, I'm gessing that he was looking for an audit plan risk assessment instead.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a risk assessment that you helped create?   1 Answer

Pre-Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lawson Software (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager long time company man. Asked alot of irrelevant questions as it pertained to position being applied. Clearly intimidated by someone with more knowledge and experience in pre-sales. Did not come prepared to the interview as he was not familar with my background. Said he would have people within his group contact me for one-on-one interviews. Said he wanted to make sure I knew the difference between debits and credits. Insulting for someone with an MBA and professional degree in Accounting. Clearly an indication of why Lawson not really considered a top tier solution. Oracle and SAP clearly outshine this company and its people What a waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the technical aspects of the software you used to represent?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Software (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2008.

Interview

Everyone was pleasant and professional. Sounded like a great opportunity but I had received another offer that I just could not pass up. Everything that I witnessed looked good.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lawson Software in July 2016.

Interview

Infor contacted me as they found my profile online. Had only 2 interviews. 1 technical and 1 from the HR manager. I was supposed to be interviewed by an onshore manager in the US after the technical interview but it did not push through. The HR manager interview is more on the discussion of culture fitting and JO discussion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start with a higher asking salary. They got plenty of allowances. If they cant reach your asking, the allowances can cover.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Software (Taguig (Philippines)).

Interview

25 mins phone call from the hr asked me about my skills and qualifications then gave me directions to their office. Then the interview process was 3 hours; 2 hours for the technical interview and an hour for the one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Software.

Interview

Hiring was partly done over the phone since the interviewers were either in St Paul, MN or in Sweden. After two interviews, I was called up by the local HR in Manila for a Job Offer. Nowadays however, I do believe there are very few phone interviews since the organization in Manila is already pretty much complete and a lot of the folks outside the Philippines regularly travel to Manila to conduct interviews.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Software in November 2009.

Interview

Very detailed, small company, met with CEO, CFO, VP Sales and General Manager

Interview Questions

It was a mutual parting due to personality test results

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lawson Software in September 2009.

Interview

Applied online at their website. They emailed me back asking me to set up a phone interview the next day. I then had separate phone interviews with a manager, director, vice-president, and executive vice-president. Then I had a follow up 1:1 interview with the director which was very relaxed. No technical questions most just getting a feel for my personality and work ethic. At the end they told me that this was the last step and they would be sending me an offer. The next day they sent me an email with an official offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate which I am glad I did. The raises are just above the CPI so having a good starting salary is important.