Lazard Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

long application process and very short phone interview. they asked fit question and behavioral. they were looking for deep knowledge of the company, asking about division and revenues, 10K , 10Q.

Interview Questions

• please, talk me about Lazard and what we do. how many revenues?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lazard

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round in person with VP that was entirely fit to gauge my knowledge of space and interest/commitment to industry group. Standard superday procedure with 5-6 interviews and final interview with lead MD in group.

Interview Questions

• How to value companies. Accounting walkthrough. Finance test including pen and paper DCF.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Went in without much of a corporate finance background, and got peppered with quantitative financial questions despite saying up front that my classes were mainly just economics. So kind of a struggle to keep going through all these concepts I hadn't heard of before.

Interview Questions

• Some corporate finance questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

A lot of fit and mental math. Definitely need to know the basics of accounting and finance. They really want to know why IB because they expect you to stay on for 2 years. Very nice guys in general. Really have to show a passion for what you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• A lot of mental math. Be able to take percentage of numbers and quickly multiply.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial verbal and numerical tests was on average banking test level, prepare slightly and it should be fine. The following questions are from the video interview. Not 100% correct, but not far off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Submitted online application (details/cv/optional cover letter), then received an invitation to sit a verbal reasoning test. Immediately after completing that, they sent another email inviting me to a situational judgement test and a video interview to complete within 5 days. After a couple weeks, I was invited to an Assessment Centre at the office. If I had passed that, I would have been invited for final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard? Why banking? What experience do you have? What's something interesting about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on October 2017. After completing the online application (CV + Cover Letter), if you are eligible, they send you two tests (numerical and verbal). If you pass, they send you a situational judgement test. After this test, if you pass, you are invited to a video interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard and why this department?
      What makes Lazard different from other investment firms?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

A Verbal Test
    Then a Video interview consisting of 5 Q
    Interview

The application precess is quite traditional, there is no questions to throw you of, but I would advise to apply as early as possible!

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by an analyst. The interview consisted of some basic behavioural and motivational questions, eg. why Lazard, why IB and some technical questions on valuations of companies. Was asked to describe the roles of an analyst and what makes Lazard unique.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (Milan (Italy)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I got an e-mail from the HR to set up an interview in the Milan office, I had a motivational interview whit the HR. In the same day I got up the positive feedback and we set up the technical interview.
    In the same week I did the technical interview with an associate and a vice-president.
    In the same day I received the offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard? How your previous experiences are linked to the role you are applying for? Where has Lazard been funded? How much the revenues of Eni are? What's the formula for the free cash flow to the firm? What's NOPAT? What's the reclassification of the income statement? What's the reclassification of the Balance sheet?   Answer Question