Lazard Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lazard Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Went in without much of a corporate finance background, and got peppered with quantitative financial questions despite saying up front that my classes were mainly just economics. So kind of a struggle to keep going through all these concepts I hadn't heard of before.

Interview Questions

• Some corporate finance questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lazard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

A lot of fit and mental math. Definitely need to know the basics of accounting and finance. They really want to know why IB because they expect you to stay on for 2 years. Very nice guys in general. Really have to show a passion for what you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• A lot of mental math. Be able to take percentage of numbers and quickly multiply.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (Milan (Italy)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I got an e-mail from the HR to set up an interview in the Milan office, I had a motivational interview whit the HR. In the same day I got up the positive feedback and we set up the technical interview.
    In the same week I did the technical interview with an associate and a vice-president.
    In the same day I received the offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard? How your previous experiences are linked to the role you are applying for? Where has Lazard been funded? How much the revenues of Eni are? What's the formula for the free cash flow to the firm? What's NOPAT? What's the reclassification of the income statement? What's the reclassification of the Balance sheet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Good environment with a good chance to make great money. Must hit high goals. Not a ton of control over goals, but they are attainable. Daily metrics are annoying but not a deal breaker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Online application along with 4 questions requiring 250 word answers.

Then online Numerical Test.

Then online Verbal Reasoning Test.

Then Invited to AC... Resit Numerical Test. Case study test - Compile an overview on a company given a lot of information. And a 2-1 HR interview, why lazard, etc.

Then Invited to another AC this time with 5 other candidates....Lunch, followed by a group assessment, followed by a presentation. Group assessment - everyone was given an aquisition target and the group had to decide which was the best. Presentation - give presentation where you are IB, pitching to a client.

Then invited back for last round, two 1-1 interviews, more fit interviews rather than technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you acted with integrity?
      Why Lazard?
      What differentiates you from other candidates?
      What are the signs of a successful merger?
      What do you know about Lazard?
      Reasons for a merger?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Online application via Lazard website
    2. Numerical reasoning test (online)
    3. Verbal reasoning test (online)
    4. First-round interview
    -- This consisted of a written case study, a numerical test and a 1:1 interview with HR
    5. Assessment centre
    -- There were 6 people in my assessment centre
    -- The day began with lunch and a chance to speak with current analysts, then a group discussion exercise and finally a 1:1 presentation task
    6. Final round interview
    -- The final round comprised two 1-hour interviews with Directors (one fit, one technical)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

Recruitment was organized by the Cornell Partnership. They conduct the first round interviews. If successful, you are invited to an assessment centre at the Lazard Offices.
    Structure of Assessment Centre:
    1. Numerical Test
    2. Group Exercises
    3. Cut
    4. 1:1 interview with two senior employees

The offices are very nice and located in Mayfair. The people who interviewed me were really looking for a personal fit rather than your technical skills. As Lazard places very high importance on the strategic aspect of M&A transactions, commercial awareness is one of their number one criteria in selecting candidates.

The analysts and associates I met during the networking lunch all seemed to be very happy about working at Lazard even though one of the employees told me that "the work is brutal". Nevertheless, he noted that it is extremely rewarding, especially in terms of the board level exposure you get.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in April 2008.

Interview

the interview was interesting. first round was an interview with 2 people from human resources and it was basically just simple competency questions. a couple of brain teasers were also mixed in. 2nd round was assessment center and I had to do a group exercise regarding high society and managing roles

Interview Questions

• what is the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand at 3:15   1 Answer