Lazard Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

long application process and very short phone interview. they asked fit question and behavioral. they were looking for deep knowledge of the company, asking about division and revenues, 10K , 10Q.

Interview Questions

• please, talk me about Lazard and what we do. how many revenues?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lazard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Went in without much of a corporate finance background, and got peppered with quantitative financial questions despite saying up front that my classes were mainly just economics. So kind of a struggle to keep going through all these concepts I hadn't heard of before.

Interview Questions

• Some corporate finance questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

A lot of fit and mental math. Definitely need to know the basics of accounting and finance. They really want to know why IB because they expect you to stay on for 2 years. Very nice guys in general. Really have to show a passion for what you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• A lot of mental math. Be able to take percentage of numbers and quickly multiply.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on October 2017. After completing the online application (CV + Cover Letter), if you are eligible, they send you two tests (numerical and verbal). If you pass, they send you a situational judgement test. After this test, if you pass, you are invited to a video interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard and why this department?
      What makes Lazard different from other investment firms?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by an analyst. The interview consisted of some basic behavioural and motivational questions, eg. why Lazard, why IB and some technical questions on valuations of companies. Was asked to describe the roles of an analyst and what makes Lazard unique.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Online application along with 4 questions requiring 250 word answers.

Then online Numerical Test.

Then online Verbal Reasoning Test.

Then Invited to AC... Resit Numerical Test. Case study test - Compile an overview on a company given a lot of information. And a 2-1 HR interview, why lazard, etc.

Then Invited to another AC this time with 5 other candidates....Lunch, followed by a group assessment, followed by a presentation. Group assessment - everyone was given an aquisition target and the group had to decide which was the best. Presentation - give presentation where you are IB, pitching to a client.

Then invited back for last round, two 1-1 interviews, more fit interviews rather than technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you acted with integrity?
      Why Lazard?
      What differentiates you from other candidates?
      What are the signs of a successful merger?
      What do you know about Lazard?
      Reasons for a merger?   Answer Question