Lazard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

long application process and very short phone interview. they asked fit question and behavioral. they were looking for deep knowledge of the company, asking about division and revenues, 10K , 10Q.

Interview Questions

• please, talk me about Lazard and what we do. how many revenues?   Answer Question

Spring Insight Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

Had to send my CV and Cover letter to the Graduate Recruitment Team. The cover letter had to answer 2 questions with 3 parts each. Received an offer for a one-way video interview the day after.

Interview Questions

• tell us an experience in which you've learned your strengths and weaknesses. what did you learn from this?
      is there anything else you'd like to ask?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in December 2016.

Interview

It took two weeks after the resume drop. First round was the phone interview was with an associate level person. The interview was not too hard. Pretty average experience.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard.

Interview

Process started in Sept 2016. Two phone interviews, one with analyst , one with associate. Second with associate was 30 minutes of straight technical questions covering valuation, DCF concepts, and accounting. Superday was in October. Superday was 3-30 minute interviews, with one of the three being only technical questions

Interview Questions

• Major emphasis on why that city (regional office) and why lazard. Superday was 3 30 min interviews with one being straight technical.   Answer Question

Capital Markets Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lazard.

Interview

Went straight to technicals after a few questions. The interviewer was nice and gave tips about her questions, but the atmosphere was a little frightening. Phone interview went for around 30 mins.

Summer Analyst - Tech M&A Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a phone screen through an employee referral. Phone screen was very brief, about 15 mins and did some intro and fit questions, and then a few technicals as well. Didn't really expect the technicals but got called to the superday nonetheless. Superday ran about 6 hours and consisted of about 9 or 10 interviews w all levels and a brief 15 minute modeling test. None of the interviews were exceptionally difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of the three main valuation methods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was three interviews on the superday and a phone call for the first round. They were very technical with basis on discounted cash flow analysis. They also asked me a lot about my interest in Lazard. The people who interviewed me had gotten my resumes before and asked me very specific questions about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a first round over the phone. Mainly behavioral with one simple accounting. Had a super day two weeks after at the NY office. 4 interviews 30 mins each all were super technical.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed first round at the campus. Process took about a month. It was a one on one interview and the interview was a straight technical questions. First he asked me to walk through resume, what other interviews I have, and went into straight LBO questions, followed by calculating IRR.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through LBO
      Calculate IRR based on info he gave me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Networked with an alum of my school (core) and she put my resume in.

Did a first round call with an analyst- typical IB interview with fit questions. Also some surprisingly intense technicals for a first round. (LBO, DCF questions).

Second phone call the next week with an associate. Same structure- had an accounting question on buying PP&E at a price different from book value. If you've prepped with BIWS shouldn't be an issue. Another was pitching a stock and then a potential acquisition for that company.

A VP I had networked with at an on-campus info-session called me before my final round and basically asked how interested I really was in the position. Was a bit odd and uncomfortable as I found out another candidate from my school did not go through this. Basically asked me if I would take an offer, where else I was interviewing, and finally I was able to convince him that I was interested.

Final round in the LA office the week after. Did 6 30-min interviewers with people of all levels. One analyst was extremely technical and difficult. Associates were okay- one was very nice and casual and we really hit it off- more about fit along with some brain teasers. The other was a bit snarky and asked heavy technical questions based off his previous experience in corporate banking (not even IB questions) because I had a little experience in that a previous summer. VPs were okay, I felt that one was very uninterested in me and the other that had called me days earlier seemed to just speak more to the experience. Other interview with 1 analyst and 1 associate was technical and math questions.

Overall the job went to another kid from my school who had family connections in IB and was likely more prepared (this was my first superday and he already had an offer at a top BB). Good experience, was well planned out.

Interview Questions

• How would you LBO a farm? DCF? What multiples would you use?
      Pitch me an idea for an acquisition of two companies.
      Walk me through taking out debt to finance a PP&E transaction. (follow up was to ask for the interest rate and depreciation)
      Why Laz? Why LA office? Why IB?   Answer Question