Lazard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lazard Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

3.4

Investment Banking Intern Interview

Interview

The first round interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of questions about my resume and background. Then in the rest of the interview, the interviewer described the type of work that the job entailed and what type of person would be a good fit. There were no behavioral or technical questions in this first round.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

We had interviews on campus as part of our school's recruitment process.

Interview Questions

Interview

First rounds were conducted on campus, contacted the same evening to attend a Superday at the office. Relatively straightforward questions on valuation and basic qualitative questions (tell me about yourself, why banking, why Lazard, tell me about some of the recent deals this office has done, etc.). Superday was 3 hours long.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me why one company may have a higher multiple (any multiple of choice) than another   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

So far only completed first round interview. The interview took consisted of a case study followed by an interview. The case study was, surprisingly, individual work and it took about an hour. I think what they are looking out for is a sense of commercial awareness and ability to develop your reasoning clearly and cogently, rather than coming up with a 'right' answer. Following that, the interview was pretty standard, i.e. why M&A, why Lazard, give me an example when you demonstrated X (leadership, commercial awareness)

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest failure?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in April 2008.

Interview

the interview was interesting. first round was an interview with 2 people from human resources and it was basically just simple competency questions. a couple of brain teasers were also mixed in. 2nd round was assessment center and I had to do a group exercise regarding high society and managing roles

Interview Questions

• what is the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand at 3:15   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Online application which included a few short questions on motivation and 1 technical question on valuation methods. First round interview was mainly fit and was conducted by HR. I also re took the initial maths test to prove I'd done it the first time on my own. Second round was a group discussion followed by an individual presentation.

Interview Questions

• During my presentation (on a due diligence case study) I was asked how I would handle a request for specific legal information. Unexpected.   Answer Question

Spring Insight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview which lasted around 10 mins. Fairly basic interview with a member of HR, I don't think you can really gain credit from it, they're simply looking for applicants who say things that can lose them a position rather than looking for any real competencies. Be sure to prepare questions because they are very predictable

Spring Insight Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lazard in December 2015.

Interview

10 minute phone interview with basic competencies, was asked about what was your greatest disappointment. Was very quick and basic, woman was nice and friendly. Was told at the end of the phone call that i was through to the next stage at the london offices with one banker and hr rep

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic DCF and Financial Statements questions + typical personality and fit questions (walk me through your resume, which 2 achievements are you the most proud of and why ?). The whole process was rather fast, lasted a week from the moment I got called (after a campus event) to the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Which valuation technique gives the highest number for a given firm? Why banking ? Why Lazard ? Why choose a regional office over a larger city ?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online through email and received first round interview a few days after. First-round interview took place in office with 2 analyst/associate. It was a general fit type of interview, questions about resume and knowledge of deals. Whole interview lasted for half an hour; went really smoothly.
    Second-round interview was with 2 directors at the firm's office again: covered more technical and fit-based questions as well as questions on Why Lazard etc. Process went really smoothly and made it to the next round which was a group case study. Most of the participants did not know much about pitchbook presentation, valuation and modelling. As the sell-side advisor, we had to recommend whether to sell the company given its the strategic rationale, risk, valuation appropriate for the company, and how we should approach the offer etc. The whole case study lasted for 2 hours and presentation for 15mins with 10mins Q&A. Then we had a networking event with the senior bankers.
    Perception of the culture of the firm was quite neutral personally. Firm had around 15 people at the office which I found was not my fit. Didn't click with the bankers at the office. Work culture I heard was quite rough (heard stories of many all-nighters there)

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose a firm like Lazard over a bulge bracket like Credit Suisse?   1 Answer