Lazard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lazard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.4

Spring Programme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

One automatic online interview followed by either an interview in the London office (british students) or a phone interview (foreign students). The online interview included 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer each, these questions were quite easy. The final interview included mainly competency-based questions and no technical questions. There were two people interviewing me, one HR and one VP in one of Lazard's Investment Banking divisions. Both were very friendly and try to understand your motivations and if you can be a good fit for the Programme and for a career in Investment Banking. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role of an analyst ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed at something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you built a relationship with someone, what precisely did you do ?   Answer Question
    • Why Investment Banking / Why Lazard / Why London (as a French)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by an analyst. The interview consisted of some basic behavioural and motivational questions, eg. why Lazard, why IB and some technical questions on valuations of companies. Was asked to describe the roles of an analyst and what makes Lazard unique.

Summer Analyst - Tech M&A Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a phone screen through an employee referral. Phone screen was very brief, about 15 mins and did some intro and fit questions, and then a few technicals as well. Didn't really expect the technicals but got called to the superday nonetheless. Superday ran about 6 hours and consisted of about 9 or 10 interviews w all levels and a brief 15 minute modeling test. None of the interviews were exceptionally difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of the three main valuation methods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

long application process and very short phone interview. they asked fit question and behavioral. they were looking for deep knowledge of the company, asking about division and revenues, 10K , 10Q.

Interview Questions

• please, talk me about Lazard and what we do. how many revenues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round in person with VP that was entirely fit to gauge my knowledge of space and interest/commitment to industry group. Standard superday procedure with 5-6 interviews and final interview with lead MD in group.

Interview Questions

• How to value companies. Accounting walkthrough. Finance test including pen and paper DCF.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in December 2016.

Interview

Had an HR Interview; followed by Video Interview. The interviewers were very nice. There were two interviews. The questions asked were very basic. There were no technical questions. If you've been selected for the next round, they get back to you quite promptly.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard? Why IB? Describe a recent financial event of relevance. Why do you think you would be a fit for Lazard?   Answer Question

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Cv + cover letter --> video interview --> final round interview with associate and HR.
    Ensure that your CV has relevant information, and the Cover Letter ensures that you have fully researched Lazard and their unique business model (No balance sheet), and the implications of that.

Interview Questions

• Name the other banks you applied for and why?   1 Answer
    • What character defining moment can you talk about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I was interviewed by two employees, one of whom was extremely rude to me throughout the interview. Not a good look for the company when an interviewer shows zero interest and is too busy on his phone. Glad I didn't receive an offer as I would have declined without hesitation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, final round (superday) had 4 interviewers, 3 relaxed and 1 pressure. Some standard questions, some designed to make you think, all pretty fair considering the candidate's background I'd say. More important than knowing the answer cold was being able to explain the thought process you had or reason out your answer, which was very logical and provided opportunities to improve on answers I may have gotten wrong.

Spring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

HR was very nice, but my analyst was very intense. Interviews were done very professionally and high technical expertise is required. Overall, very challenging for a Spring Internship and if I were to advise anyone interviewing at Lazard, definitely prepare your technicals. However, don't neglect your competencies either, they also look for those.

Interview Questions

• Name me one more valuation methods other than the main 3 valuation methods   Answer Question
    • If a board does not want to be acquired, what would you advise them as an Investment Bank?   1 Answer