Lazard Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in December 2016.

Interview

It took two weeks after the resume drop. First round was the phone interview was with an associate level person. The interview was not too hard. Pretty average experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lazard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I met with three people. First guy was very relaxed mainly asked about my experience. Then a senior guy came in and they did a 2-on-1 session where he asked basic technicals (i.e. Calc EV, Walk me through DCF, Where to find a company's shares outstanding, etc.). Second associate grilled me on technicals alone (i.e. basic accretion/dilution cases on paper, projecting a company's financials based on historical data etc.).

Interview Questions

• Where on the 10K do you find shares outstanding?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked some fit questions followed by some technical questions. I interviewed with 3 associates followed by a VP. They all asked me to walk them through my resume, and to answer some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume. Walk us through the ways of valuing a company.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, final round (superday) had 4 interviewers, 3 relaxed and 1 pressure. Some standard questions, some designed to make you think, all pretty fair considering the candidate's background I'd say. More important than knowing the answer cold was being able to explain the thought process you had or reason out your answer, which was very logical and provided opportunities to improve on answers I may have gotten wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview process and good at keeping the interviewee informed during the process. However, the man that I spoke with was extremely negative on the company and my interest in Lazard was gone after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would it be?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

We had interviews on campus as part of our school's recruitment process.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Was interviewed by 2 guys, one associate and one junior analyst. The interview was very laid-back, mostly fit questions like going through my resume, why I wanted to work in investment banking, which sectors I was interested in and so on. They were both very nice, no good cop, bad cop. They did throw in some technical questions, but they were basic accounting questions.

Interview Questions

• How do the three financial statements work?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Normal on-campus recruiting process. First round was a two-on-one interview with Associates. Mainly technical questions, fairly intense. One interviewer would ask a question and the other would interrupt my response with another technical question. They were nice enough guys though, as after I answered a bunch of technicals correctly the tone of the interview shifted and became much more lighthearted. Nothing unexpected though. Invitation to superday a few days later. Superday consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with VPs and Associates. Fewer technical questions, more fit questions as well as some brainteaser/probability questions.

Interview Questions

• standard valuation, accounting questions. ex: can you have negative enterprise value, etc?   Answer Question
    • why lazard?   1 Answer

Have heard bad things about culture and bonuses. Had another offer at a similar firm.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

CV and cover letter submitted online. After initial screening, the application process consisted of an online Situational Judgement Test followed by a video interview. If successful, the candidate is invited to an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard? Why investment banking? Why do you stand out?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in December 2016.

Interview

Had an HR Interview; followed by Video Interview. The interviewers were very nice. There were two interviews. The questions asked were very basic. There were no technical questions. If you've been selected for the next round, they get back to you quite promptly.

Interview Questions

• Why Lazard? Why IB? Describe a recent financial event of relevance. Why do you think you would be a fit for Lazard?   Answer Question