Lazard Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lazard Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions

Associate, Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First round - All fit/ resume questions with 4 bankers (from Associate to Senior VP level) at the office
They seemed very friendly and nice
Generic questions - Why banking, Any interesting deal that I had worked on, Why MBA, Strengths, Weaknesses, Courageous decision I had taken, Why Lazard.
The next was going to be a super day if I qualified in the first round

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lazard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. I sent a cover letter, resume, and portfolio example of financial modeling. I got a call back, and went to a phone interview. Very nice over the phone, mostly technical questions. Heard back with a no, but overall it was a useful experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time that you led a team and failed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First round by phone, 4 to 5 interviews by video conference, one technical interview (case - straightforward questions about valuation, basic qualitative questions, accretion and dilution analyses). During the super-day 8 presidential interviews (tell me about yourself, why banking, why Lazard, tell me about some of the recent deals this office has done, etc.). All the process was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions.
      Why would someone invest in a AAA bond with a negative yield?
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard in April 2011.

Interview

First contact by email,I was in Asia and the application was in Latin America
    Then, I went through a stage consisting in several interviews with all managing directors.
    No exam was taken though for analyst positions a GMAT test and an English test is required.
    Several negotiation stages (fixed salary, variable salary, vacations, parking lot)