Lazard Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting. 1st round via phone, straight to Superday. Superday consisted of 3 30 minute interviews. 1 technical, 2 behavioral. All in all a very easy process. I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lazard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lazard (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, superday
    Superday involved three interviews.
    Accelerated recruiting played a big role in filling the class.
    Superday process was just the three interviews. Fast processes that took about a week and a half in total.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a pitch I had worked on and scrutinized modeling   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard.

Interview

Phone interview and then superday

Interview Questions

• All pretty easy run of the mill technical and behaivoral questions. why IB why lazard pitch a stock walk me through a dcf and then specific questions about steps in the dcf   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

30 minute interview, 2 bankers present, conducted on-campus. More emphasis on "fit" than other banking interviews. I was asked 2 finance questions that were not complex. (1 accounting, 1 valuations) I happened to grow up in Houston and attended private school from preschool through high school. I mentioned this as an offhand comment, and one of the interviewers actually wrote it down. Do they really care where I went to preschool? Also, they had a good cop/bad cop attitude. Having done behavioral/fit interviews for other industries, I didn't think it was that bad, but it caught some others off-guard, who were expecting more of a focus on the financial questions.

Interview Questions

• You just sold an asset worth $200M. Walk me through the three financial statements.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online in London for their financial advisory summer analyst program. I immediately got an invitation for their online tests. There were 2: one verbal reasoning, and the other situation based judgement test. Once I passed, I was invited for a video Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Video Interview, they asked a number of questions on different aspects of my CV and then they highlighted the values of their company and asked how I would implement them in different scenarios, this was very tricky but I did my best.

Interview Questions

• Lazard prides itself on client-focus and creativity. When have you demonstrated this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Lazard's dreadful video interview which you have to complete after the situational judgement test. You apply online, then do the numerical and verbal tests and everyone who passes these tests gets invited to sit the situational judgement test. If you pass that one, you are automatically invited to the video interview.

Application

Interview

Application which included a cover letter and CV. Then there was a video interview that had about 6 questions ranging from things such as motivation and why Lazard to simple competency questions

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lazard.

Interview

First stage of application process was online, followed by online tests in situational judgement, numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning. If successful you get invited to a telephone interview which is mainly behavioural and motivational questions. After that, you will be invited to assessment centre, and then final round interviews shortly after.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

So far only completed first round interview. The interview took consisted of a case study followed by an interview. The case study was, surprisingly, individual work and it took about an hour. I think what they are looking out for is a sense of commercial awareness and ability to develop your reasoning clearly and cogently, rather than coming up with a 'right' answer. Following that, the interview was pretty standard, i.e. why M&A, why Lazard, give me an example when you demonstrated X (leadership, commercial awareness)

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest failure?   1 Answer