Lcra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.8

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lcra (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call asking some general behavioral questions and background. Was given a date for the interview and then it was pushed back a week right after that with no reason given. Had the interview, thought it went fine. Was told I would get an answer from them in two weeks, so two weeks later I had to contact them for them to tell me they had to push back the decision. TWO MONTHS after not hearing anything from them I see that a class mate of mine had accepted the position on Linkedin.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lcra.

Interview

The on-site interview was less than two hours long. There were only 3 people in the group interview. They never got back to me about the position after over a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a certain situation?
      How do you deal with very difficult people?
      How do you deal with lack of requirements for a project?
      Answer Question

Permitting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lcra (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen, followed by phone interview (I live in a different city) with 4 people I would be working under. Questions not too challenging, but they ask you to complete a strange practice assignment for them with zero information on how to do it. I tried contacting them after I submitted the assignment and they didn't get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if someone is upset about the company and thinks that it's a governmental organization?   Answer Question

Business Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lcra (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

there was a phone screening followed by an onsite interview. The interview was setup in about a week after the phone screening. It was mostly behavioral and some technical questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. After a month I followed up and they told me that I was still in the running but I never heard from them after that. The job status was never updated even though the job was not on the board anymore.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lcra (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a short phone interview from HR and after a few days, Hrscheduled a phone interview of hiring manager with me. The manager is nice and no stress during interview. Conversation is smooth and happy. And it is surprised that they gave me the offer without on-site interview. The whole process just took two or three weeks.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview in about a month, then on-site interview in another half month.
    Offer received in about 3 business days.

Phone interview was conducted by HR
    On-site interview was conducted by the people you may work with, with some technical background questions, not hard at all. All the people I met were very nice.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lcra.

Interview

I was contacted through phone and asked about my previous experience with budgets, timelines, and electrical substation engineering experience (this is what the position focused on). I was asked hype the tial questions such as disagreements with employees, bosses, or decisions in general.I was also asked about situations in which I have had a projects exceed contractual dates.
    Timeline:
    Phone interview
    4 days later
    In person interview
    2-3 weeks later
    Offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a project go over budget or run past expected dates.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted immediately.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lcra.

Interview

Interview process was via a panel that asked several questions pertaining to project management processes. The panel was interested in my knowledge of the PMI/PMBOK process and how to use it throughout both large and medium sized projects.

Interview Questions

• Explaining the detailed intricacies of MS Project, Word, Excel as it relates to project management.   Answer Question

Engineering Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lcra (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The over-the-phone interview came first, which was pretty much as expected: several "getting to know you" type questions, what made you interested in the company, what made you interested in the field, etc. They got back to me the very next day about an in-person interview, which I took, and the questions were of the usual "tell me about a time when something happened to you and how you overcame it". It was unexpected- I had assumed there would be more in-depth engineering questions- but the interviewers were helpful and nice. Unfortunately, as of this writing, the interview was 2 and a half weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from them, so that's so far been the least helpful aspect of this interview.

Interview Questions

• It's difficult to say, but the question I found most difficult was one about previous disagreements with a boss. I've had bosses in the past who were more agreeable, or who were from retail type jobs, so I really didn't have much experience with that- luckily they gave me the option of answering about what I would do in a hypothetical situation.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lcra (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Question answer period from all the dept heads and executives on site. Questions were about my skill levels from customer service to analytical expertise. I met all of the department managers and all the workers in the department I was applying for. Then they took me on a tour of the lab and I was shown the area I would potentially be working in and a little bit of what exactly what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for the ELS LCRA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given the option to negotiate, just an offer to take or leave.