Le Pain Quotidien Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Le Pain Quotidien Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2017

1.9

Cashier/Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien.

Interview

Walked in and submitted my resume and filled out their application. Then got called back for an interview. It was straightforward and the manager asked me many personality questions.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Online application first which is very extensive. It includes a personality questionnaire. Resume submission, interview and follow up interview. I visited the store after I submitted my resume and was able to meet the manage briefly.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked me to come in the day after I applied. I was interviewed by the GM and then one of the mangers and I was hired the very same day.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite restaurant.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Introduce some basic information about the company, no behavioral question. And I asked some questions through the conversation, very nice and easying going. It takes about 10 minutes to finish this interview

Interview Questions

• Did you know out brand before?   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy interview process. They seemed to hire for me based on my personality and showed little concern for my experience. Even though I am experienced this showed me that they needed bodies rather than actual people willing to get the job done.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall however they were mostly behavior based questions such as "tell me about a time when."   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (Garden City, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was really easy you just had to be an upbeat person. I didn't really have an 'interview' I think it's because they're understaffed at this location, I can't speak for other ones, though. I will do a teview on the company when I've been there for a couple of months

Interview Questions

• If your bakery was a hit and you could get another location where would it be?   1 Answer

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (McLean, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager is great,friendly and nice to help you. He tell you about benefits of company and what is your job will be in the kitchen.You will take two weeks for training .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be confidence

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (Garden City, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

So I got there and it seemed to be an open application day for them in the shop although I did apply or inquire about applying through emailing them and applying online. Once I got there I was given an application and after I completed that I had the first interview with the District Manager Philip. He was really nice and easy to talk to after I got over my own nerves. Was interviewing for a cook position and se he picked my brain about what I knew in the kitchen about different French foods and styles and why I wanted to be in the kitchen. After that I was told to wait because I did well in that process and was greeted to the General Manager, of that place, Jack. Jack was just as nice and pleasant and was easy to talk to. He went over some similar questions but what they really look for is if your personality fits in with the company and the stores team. Overall it was a great experience, even though I was a bit nervous in the beginning, they were really pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Why food? Why the kitchen?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired on the spot. Pay isn't negotiable as they start all "team members" (cooks, wait staff, counter host, etc.) at the same rate.

Lead Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Just wanted to know my experience, previous employers, and past salaries.
    They just want to get a feel for what kind of person you are and if you would be a good asset to their company. They cherish themselves to be an organic and biological restaurant so knowing some things about that is helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work Le Pain Quotiedien?   1 Answer

Retailer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Le Pain Quotidien (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was smooth and simple. They asked me questions about my experience and let me know that there is tremendous room for growth. They offered me a positon right on spot and the orientation was only on a Thursday or Friday morning.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked in food service before?   1 Answer