Lease Crutcher Lewis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lease Crutcher Lewis

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lease Crutcher Lewis (Portland, OR).

Interview

It is unfortunate but I have to write this negative review as I still feel unsettled about my recruiting experience with Lease Crutcher Lewis.

A recruiter from an employment agency reached out to me and shortly after that I was invited for an interview. My first interview went really well, I met my future colleagues and the team lead. The setting was very informal, and for the most part I led the conversation by asking questions about the position and the company. I left feeling great about the opportunity and confident that it would be a great fit for my career. Shortly after that interview I was invited for another interview, where I met the rest of the team and the leader of the division. It turned out that the entire team was so pleased with me as a candidate that I received a call from my recruiter only 20 minutes after I left the last interview. They were able to meet my salary expectations and I was asked if I am willing to accept the offer right then as I was on the phone. I realized only later that I never received an offer in writing, it was just a verbal statement from my recruiter. I mentioned that I had an outstanding offer from another company and I would like some time to think the offer over. The recruiter told me I had until next morning. It was odd that I had to rush my decision, based on my previous experience, companies usually give you at least 24-48 hours to review the offer and have a word with your family. Since I was given such a short notice and it was almost 5pm, I reached out to the team lead as I walking to my house to ask them 2 questions:
    1) Will I be able to take some time off shortly after I started as I had a planned family vacation that takes place every year at that time.
    2) Will they consider a flex schedule. I said it would be great since I have a 1.5 year old son and I would love to have an opportunity to have every other Monday off to spend time with him. My previous company offered that for employees and I was wondering if that would be acceptable.
    The team lead called me back first thing in the morning saying that they regret to inform me but they decided to call off the offer. When I asked to explain the reasons behind such an unexpected outcome, they said that they were concerned that they weren't the right fit for me as they are unable to meet my demands of working flex hours. I insisted that it is a misunderstanding, I was simply exploring my options as any candidate would when they are considering an offer. After asking to provide more detail, they said that after they heard my questions, they thought I am not excited about the opportunity and that given my family situation, I will not enjoy working for them. The reference to my family circumstances was made as they were aware that I am a new mother who spent 1.5 years at home with my newborn son whose first priority is making the right choice for the family in terms of the career. After further discussion, I understood that they simply didn't think I can be up for a challenge of combining work and family.

I apologize for the lengthy review, I tried to provide a detailed background of my situation and stay true to the facts that I am aware of.

I believe that Lease Crutcher Lewis called off the offer based on my maternal status and my family circumstances and, unfortunately, not based on the lack of my professional expertise and knowledge. I believe such discrimination is unacceptable. This conclusion is based on the feedback that was provided to me which referenced solely the inability to accommodate the flex schedule and voiced concerns about my family circumstances. Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lease Crutcher Lewis (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had sent my resume and cover via email. I had received a response and a phone call inviting me to an interview at the main office. The interview was simple and was with two current employees. Both of them had great personalities and were fully interactive. They asked me some leading questions, told me about the history of the company, and really just let the interview flow organically. The interview was fairly quick. After we were done, they gave me a tour of the office, and got back to me pretty fast!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you felt you were treated unfairly?
      Tell us about yourself.
      Why did you choose us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lease Crutcher Lewis (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very civilized, Very friendly and very professional interviewers. I was treated like a professional and with a great deal of respect. I was offered some water and the environment was inviting and clean. I spoke with 3 interviewers separately and I felt like I got a good sense of what the company and couture was about.

Interview Questions

• The characteristics of my best boss and those of my worst boss.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lease Crutcher Lewis (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was with the Portland outside hiring executive. Interview was full day of meeting personnel and visiting job site... very informal. Small Q&A session in 3rd floor office but remainder of day was informal lunch session and meet and greet

Interview Questions

• None... very informal. Company culture is conducive to relaxed natural conversation and this is the fit the company is looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely up front and wanted to know everything about my previous compensation so a match could be made. They threw in a couple of additional things with little coaxing.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lease Crutcher Lewis (Seattle, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

I came in and interviewed with the HR lady and seemed to pass, as she called and asked me back for a second interview, this time with her and another employee. Since I had a job at the time, I could only go to an interview during lunch so she offered a lunch interview. It went very well and I was told that I would hear something by weeks end.
    A week passed and I got hold of her, no decision yet. It went like so for the next 4 weeks.
    Finally I was offered the position after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? You could get a job anywhere, so what brought you here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They lowballed me with salary so I negotiated and got a better rate, but there was no need to worry, I got a HUGE raise about a year later for proving my abilities.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lease Crutcher Lewis in March 2007.

Interview

I applied to LCL via employee referral. It took almost three months to receive a response and to set up an interview. The interview itself lasted about 3 hours and consisted of 1-on-1 and group interviews with the General Manager and several Project Managers. The interview was very relaxed and easy. After the interview, I expected to hear back in about a week as to their decision. After a week and a half without a response, I contacted the Sr. Project Manager with whom I had interviewed and was told that they were working on making a decision. After another 2 weeks I received an offer and accepted.

Although the interview itself was very easy, the lack of action and perception of indifference and disorganization on the part of LCL was very dissatisfying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for in an employer?   1 Answer