Lecoq Cuisine Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lecoq Cuisine Corp

Candidate Interview Review

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lecoq Cuisine Corp (Bridgeport, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

I suppose you have to be the right color to apply for a job in the corporate office instead of distribution. I spoke to the HR manager the day before the interview and she was really friendly. We discussed my experience, my current job, my current rate of pay, and she really liked me. She said she was so happy we got a chance to talk and couldn't wait to meet me....until I showed up for the interview.

The HR manager looked shocked and became cold and aloof. I'm not sure who she expected me to be but she was totally different than how she treated me over the phone. She refused to engage me during the interview and kept looking around the room like she had already made up her mind and didn't care what I had to say. She kept questioning why I moved on from other employers like it didn't make sense to her, when we had already discussed my reasons over the phone and it made sense to her then.

Over the phone, I made her aware of my previous rate of pay and she informed me that pay DOE but the base pay rate was more than I was making and not worry about it, just to come in. Again she stated she really wanted to meet me. During the interview it was a completely different story. She refused to discuss with me the rate of pay and said it depended on experience and that's how they come up with a number and refused to go any further. Then she said they were interviewing lots of other applicants. It was just terrible.

When you fill out formal applications they ask for your race, gender, veteran, and disability status. This is to keep in compliance with the EEOC. The EEOC determines that the law is being followed based upon the number of applicants that apply and their race, gender, veteran, or disability status of qualified applicants that receive the position if an employer has 15 or more employees. When you want a career in Lecoq, you email the HR manager with one link or you send your resume through Indeed when they decide to post it. Not a formal application at all. They don't even post all the positions available. Maybe that's how they have been getting away with this for so long. Their website doesn't even state they are an EOE which is required not only in legal disclosure but also hiring, promotion, etc. by law.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience; just going through the motions. They never bothered to ask me how I would be an asset to their company.   1 Answer