Lee County Library System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lee County Library System

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Library Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonita Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lee County Library System (Bonita Springs, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The only question I was asked for the phone interview was confirming that I was aware of the salary for the position. The phone interview was conducted by the branch manager, who I believe was the person who makes the hiring decision. The interview was with a panel -- the branch manager, a library associate at the branch, and the head of reference from another branch. I knew the head of reference from our graduate school program in Library Science, but all three were very friendly. There were a few tough questions, but overall the tone was very friendly. There were no "gotcha" questions, all related to the job responsibilities. They have to write down all of the candidates responses, so that is a little off putting, and there are some awkward silences while they write. But better that -- if you keep talking they have to keep writing so it is best to keep answers appropriate length and just sit in silence.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a teacher brings over a class of middle school students (there is a middle school next to the library) and the students run in and are very disorderly?   1 Answer
    • This library has many avid readers of contemporary fiction, what would you use for readers' advisory?   1 Answer

Library Associated Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lee County Library System (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

Typically a phone interview precedes an in person interview; the in-person interview always is a 3 person panel, taking turns to ask standard questions. Depending on the position, you may be required to give a 5 minute presentation for programing abilities (i.e. a Youth Service Story Time presentation).

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't like something a supervisor asked you to do?   1 Answer