Legacy Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Legacy Health Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

3.2

Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legacy Health.

Interview

Fair interview questions with a panel of employees and management. Most questions were behavioral, philosophical, and a few clinical. Interview lasted ~30 minutes. Ended with my questions for them about the company.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Legacy Health (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Online application through Legacy Health systems, panel interview by five therapists, background and reference checks completed two weeks post interview by a third party company. Notified by email of offer to interview, interviewed 3 weeks following submission of application.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Helens, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Legacy Health (Saint Helens, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Be aware that being a former long term employee with an excellent work record means nothing here; you are simply one of many applicants. I had three applications submitted to Legacy and was in contact with their social work recruiter. I got an interview only after I contacted her to say I had been offered a job elsewhere and would be accepting the offer. It was a panel interview attended by several managers and the Lead Social Worker. There were good social work practice questions but I never quite got a concept of what exactly they were looking for to fill the position. Perhaps they didn't know, either.

Interview Questions

• I was particularly intrigued by one of the managers' remarking about my ability to carry a heavy caseload, based on my previous job with Legacy. It was a nice acknowledgement. It was also, I think, an indication of what to expect with the position for which I was applying.   Answer Question

Toxicology Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legacy Health.

Interview

Flew out of state and spent 3+ hours there with a only a 15 minute interview. They then collected references by making them answer survey questions. They disrespected my time and my reference's time by sending me an automated email rejection saying they "reviewed my application". Extreme failure to be personable and professional. Take it as a reflection on how they treat employees.

Patient Access Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Legacy Health (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard interview questions. Felt too scripted. Wasn't much room to show my personality and I couldn't get a good feel of others. It seemed to forced and not organic. Not a good way to get a true feel of someone's personality or potential for a role

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Director Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Legacy Health in January 2016.

Interview

Legacy took forever to move from one stage of the process to the next. It was ridiculous. The internal Legacy recruiter was HORRIBLE with communication. I had to reach out every step of the way to find out about next steps. I would circumvent the recruiter and contact the hiring manager whereas that was the ONLY time I would get direct correspondence. They seemed extremely unorganized and lacking in direction.

Interview Questions

• What are your likes/dislikes? WHAT? That is so random.   Answer Question

Associate Applications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Legacy Health in December 2015.

Interview

I had two different experiences when I applied for two different Associate Applications Analyst jobs. For the first job I only had a phone interview, was told the process would take "a while". Sent my thank you email, waited a couple weeks, then reached out for the next 5 weeks alternating email and phone and was neglected every time.
    For the second job I applied for, it was straight to a panel in person interview. Asked me 22 situational questions, asked me nothing about myself, driest interview ever. They said they would follow up in the next week and a half. I followed up after a couple of weeks, and again, ignored.

These people don't have any respect for job applicants.

Interview Questions

• All situational questions needing specific experiences.   Answer Question

PRN Sonographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legacy Health (Richland, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

As a new sonographer, finding a job as a new grad is difficult because the site usually has to take a few weeks to finalize your training and teach you their protocols to prepare you to work independently. Legacy Meridian shared this philosophy and stated that they were looking for a new grad that was hungry to work.

I had a couple of interviews before finding my first job. My interview with Legacy stood out from the rest for a couple of reasons. The one that stood out was the scanning portion of the interview. A member of the radiology staff was chosen to be my patient. She had just finished breakfast so the need to be NPO for an abdominal scan was thrown out. This doesn't always matter but for a patient with a more difficult body habitus you'd prefer they be fasting. Especially when this is a make or break for an interview. I was asked to do a full abdominal scan for an audience of two. As a new grad not familiar with the site's protocols I asked to be walked through what exactly they needed me to do. Needless to say I struggled and it was somewhat of a disaster. The "patient" was rude and seemed to be bothered that she had to volunteer for this and I definitely felt set up to fail. I was very confused with the process. The interview and warm nature of the staff ended immediately after that. It was a very odd experience.

Other sites kept the scanning light. Allowed me to show them basic scanning techniques, anatomy and pathology knowledge, and took into account experience, specialties that had been obtained, and personal/team skills that matter in the long run.

I've seen less demanding interviews for seasoned techs, let alone new grads. I wouldn't recommend interviewing here as a new grad.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Legacy Health.

Interview

Submitted application and received a call a few days later to schedule a Skype interview. They were flexible with the time for the interview. Standard interview process with director and manager. Pleasant interview!

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legacy Health (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Speed-Dating Interview at a local hotel for the Legacy Versant Residency Program. Interviewed with one table in specialty area, then with another in any area of candidate choice. Brought portfolio for managers to review. Nice and relaxed but appeared to have a certain candidate type in mind.