Legacy Marketing of Boston Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Legacy Marketing of Boston Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Legacy Marketing of Boston

1.0

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Legacy Marketing of Boston (Waltham, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called about two hours later and invited for an interview. I showed up at the office and had to fill out a basic application form and then had an interview with the CEO. The interview was very, very brief--maybe 15 minutes. I don't really have a marketing background and it should've been a red flag that he didn't ask me why marketing might be a good fit for me. He did ask me to rank, in order of priority, "fun, growth, money," and a fourth thing I forgot. Learning later what the company actually did, I realized the reason I was called back for a second interview was clearly because I put money last. At no point did the CEO describe the position I was applying for, nor did he tell me it was 100% commission based.

The next day I returned to shadow another employee. I had been told on the phone I would be shadowing a marketing specialist in the field, but as some of the other reviewers mentioned, I was led to believe that meant at indoor meetings, not walking door-to-door.

The position was entirely walking door-to-door through Somerville asking people if they were happy with their service and if they wanted to switch to Verizon. (The highlight was when we went into a music store and the owner said he'd switched to Verizon thanks to a Legacy marketer a few months ago and his costs had actually gone up). The only reason I found out the job was 100% commission was because another guy the marketer was training let it slip accidentally. The guy I was shadowing was really obnoxious and arrogant, so that coupled with the 100% commission information made me quit the interview halfway through. The employee I was shadowing then became very pushy and it became clear that they'd planned to hire everybody that had been invited to shadow.

I have no doubt that some people are extremely successful working for Legacy. However, Legacy Marketing should be upfront with job candidates--they'd save themselves a lot of time that way, by weeding out people like me who would NOT be successful. It's sketchy that they feel the need to hide information from potential employees during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The unexpected one was how would I rank money and fun and growth.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Legacy Marketing of Boston

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Legacy Marketing of Boston (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

A very brief in office interview which was essentially learning about the company. They called 2 hours later with an invitation to shadow an employee for the day (it is a very long day with a lot of walking around). Following that, there was one more meeting with the President and then the job offer.

Interview Questions

I declined because it was entirely commission based (which wasn't told to me until I was offered the job and specifically asked) and it was just door to door sales with long hours and no benefits.