Legal & General Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Legal & General Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

L&G used a recruiter called CityGrad. The process was very poorly run, it was ambiguous and last minute and didn't reflect well on L&G. I'm sure L&G are a good recruiter but they made a bad chose with their recruiter.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took a few days to get an assessment day. Said I'll hear in a week but never heard anything back. Assessment involved role play and one to one

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a choice of your own.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Group assessment centre, 24 applicants crammed into one small room. Put into pairs and had to tell the rest of the group 3 interesting facts about your partner. Were then split into 3 groups of 8 and told to choose 3 items that would be needed if stranded on a desert island. One person from each group had to then tell the rest of the room. Assessment finished. The two ladies taking the assessment didn't seem to know what they were doing and must have chosen the successful applicants at random.

Key Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group.

Interview

It is a company I would avoid like a plague. The interview process is total BS. The recruitment team will send a pack that requires a presentation and role play. The pack is confusing so you call them recruitment team. It came to shock that they were unsure what was being asked. The interviewers were disengaged and couldn't be bothered.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Legal & General Group.

Interview

I sent my CV and was given a short telephone interview. I was then told the next stage would be to attend their assesment center in Birmingham. On the day of attending, I felt the actual assesment center was being run by a bunch of uneducated friends. Not very professional whatsoever.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Online testing followed by an assessment day at Birmingham. The AC basically involved a presentation on a complex topic of your choice, face to face interviews and a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Basic motivation and CV related questions. Most challenging was how solvency ii and stuff that I talked about in the presentation impacts their business.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group.

Interview

Applied via online application form - submitted CV and Cover Letter
    Invited to take online tests
    Invited to first round interview - I was interviewed by the would-be manager and a fellow colleague. The interview lasted an hour and the two men were easy to talk to, welcoming and informative. They told me more about the role and answered my questions thoroughly and clearly. They seemed interested in me as an individual. The interview was competency based.
    Although the role sounded interesting, it wasn't quite as I had expected from reading the job description. The interviewers were very informative about the role because they were directly in the team which I thought was useful, however I feel a bit more information about the department in which the role sits could have been put on the job description.
    (If successful, there would have been a second round interview)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult and complex situation. How did you deal with it?
      Describe a time when you have had to change your approach to different members of your team
      Describe a time when you have delivered exceptional customer service and why was it exceptional?   Answer Question

Finance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group.

Interview

Very laid back, casual approach. warm and friendly interviewers of which there were three. interview lasted around 30 minutes but was not intimidating or uptight in anyway. Good environment. no technical questions. explained the job description thoroughly.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Didn't apply directly. Applied via agency and got an email the day before for a group interview. Interview was in a group of about 7/8 people with 3 staff members from the company who also applied through the agency. (Pontoon I think it was called) Consisted of some group activities such as introducing yourself, talking to the person next to you, team work exercise (which was ridiculous - the activity was which team could build the biggest paper tower with the strongest structure) and then brief 1-1 interview with competency based questions

Interview Questions

• Given an example of when you used innovative thinking to close a sale   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingswood, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Kingswood, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Competency based interview followed by a presentation and discussin at second stage, but it was so long ago I can't remember any more. I was referred by an employee who told me about the role. Meant I could get the low down