Legal & General Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Legal & General Group

2.8

Director of Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Frederick, MD) in April 2019.

Interview

The hiring process started with a screening interview over the phone with the recruiter. From there, I had two additional phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and the next with someone else in the current role. The second interview was to assess my technical skills. After the telephone interviews, I had two more in person interviews. The entire process took about three weeks, from the first screening interview up to the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a process improvement you have made with a significant financial return and customer impact.   Answer Question

Pension Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone call inviting me to assessment centre which included a face-to-face competency based interview, an administrative based role play/scenario with 6-7 questions to be answered and a group exercise with 3 other candidates to show how well you work as a team.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to deliver a difficult decision to a colleague/customer   Answer Question

Pensions Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

easy and very very relaxing. First had a telephone interview which was more screening questions and slight understand as to my current situation. The assessment day was a dummy phone call case study which was required to be undertaken in front of a lady. then a Face 2 Face interview with 2 people asking me various competency questions regarding how I feel about working under pressure and my strengths

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Submitted my CV online, had a telephone interview and at the end of call I was told I was successful and invited to an 1:1 interview. It started with a short presentation about the company and then the group had to listen to a phone between an advisor and customer. We had to say the positives and weaknesses presented by the advisor during the call. This was followed by a 1:1 interview where we were first given 5 mins to prepare the 'tell me something you're passionate about.' This discussion had to last no more than five minutes and then we went onto competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time you had to learn a new online system and how you overcame challenges?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work towards a deadline?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

First a 1:1 interview with the line manager, which consisted of numerous questions on various asset classes. then a second round interview with senior management and the same line manager. Interview was tough. Staff are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give us your views on where you think the economy is headed?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Legal & General Group in August 2015.

Interview

1 hour excel test focusing heavily on pivot tables and a bit of other intermediate level excel stuff.
    1 hour interview with manager and 1 other. About 4-5 competency questions and a bit about why you want to do this, all in all not too bad and very friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you solved a problem, how did you identify root cause, why did you investigate what you did, how did you resolve, outcome?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Chat with with manager with another senior members about my cv and the role. It wasn’t very technical and it was a very informal discussion about work and you can tweak the direction of interview

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Legal & General Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Online numerical test, followed by first round interview. Following that there would be a second round interview from which they would make a decision. I was told that I had to wait 7-10 days for a response from the first round interview. I didn't hear back after 10 days and had to chase them up on this.

Interview Questions

• How have you managed to work with difficult bosses in the past   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group.

Interview

Initial technical interview - this involved being sent a question in advance and being asked to submit response before being invited for interview. Interview was like normal technical interview with scenario given and asked how would respond. Second stage interview was more about culture and fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the key regulatory issues facing the insurance industry in the UK in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was based in competency questions, previous roles and responsibilities, Exams taken for qualification.

The interviewer was very interested in knowing what I did before and in what intensity.
    Some technical questions were asked to establish my understanding.

In general the interview aimed to test my capabilites and they expressed their needs clearly in the interview so I was able to know by what percentage I am matching with their needs

Interview Questions

• Interview was focusing on technical skills like softwares in use and conceptual understanding of the process

Why interested to join L&G