Legal and General Investment Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Legal and General Investment Management Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Legal and General Investment Management

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legal and General Investment Management.

Interview

Applied through the careers section on website, First stage of the interview the head of the deparment within performance, and second stage of the interview with the head of performance and a test

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Legal and General Investment Management (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds with 6 people in total - challenging and grilling interview - extremely competitive (hundreds of applicants for each position). Each round covers your backgrounds with technical questions, competency-based questions and tests. You will meet cheerful and positive people as well as more inquisitive and daunting characters (good cop bad cop) all with the aim to undermine your confience and test you.
    Prepare prepare prepare!

Interview Questions

• General questions on CV/background - Some technical questions - Tests   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Legal and General Investment Management in January 2015.

Interview

I had to submit just a CV. There were 160 applicants. 16 were invited to telephone interview. A few (myself included) were invited straight to interview. Out of the 160, 80 were selected for online tests and the top scorers were then invited to interview. The telephone interview was around 30 minutes and was quite informal, though the subject matter was tricky. I had to answer lots of questions about pensions, which was tricky. The last five minutes were more motivational questions, i.e. why did you pick those specific A-Levels? I did not progress into the final 8 unfortunately, but I got really useful feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between DB and DC pensions? How will the change in oil price at the moment affect our economy?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee - Index Funds Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legal and General Investment Management (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I have been through a telephone interview in which they asked me for the "usual" questions: why us, why not our competitors, what do you know about the company/position, why this position, which are my hobbies, etc.

After that I got through to the assessment day, in which I had a group investment exercise, an individual presentation (the topic was given to us approximately one week before the assessment day), a resit of the online tests and another interview (longer and more complex, more focused on behaviour in the work environment and/or opinions on the future of the company).