Leggett & Platt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Port St Lucie, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

We had a Phone interview before hand. They then set up a 1-1 interview at the Fl office. Since I was i Fl at the time, they rented out a car and asked if I could drive down. There were 3 other candidates applying for the same job. Had a general meeting with the team and manager.
    Then sat down for a 2-hr extensive interview that involved an electrical test. Then had a wal-around of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Electrical Design test. Involved a lot of motor rating calculations and electrical theory   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Tupelo, MS) in October 2013.

Interview

They sent an email saying they were interested and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

There was a phone interview with 4 other individuals in corporate. They discussed their roles and asked specific questions based on their position relative to what I would be doing.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I first had a phone interview and then few days later was called for a second interview. The second interview was two weeks later. That interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told at the end of the interview I would receive an email to attach my references to. I never received that email. I was called a week later and told they gave the job to someone else.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my previous positions and how they compared to the internal auditor position.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO).

Interview

The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Questions

• No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

They focused on irrelevant information in the phone interview. Did not give me a time frame to when they would call about in person interviews. A month later I heard back that they had filled the position.

IT Interview

Interview

Only had phone screen, talked with person in charge of hiring; asked standard behavioral questions (tell me about you, strengths, weaknesses, why us, etc.), as well as asking a bit about certain things on my resume. Asked about one of my past job experiences, and challenges I faced there, as well as what I want out of my career/Leggett & Platt.