Leggett & Platt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

I met my boss at a job fair for my university. 2 days after, he emailed me the open position and urged me to apply online. There was an online application, then once I submitted that there was a questionnaire with open-ended questions I had to fill out and submit. Then I had a conference phone interview (which included my boss and a talent advisor from HR). After that, I was invited to come on campus for an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted about 3 hours and included a tour of Corporate with the two people I phone-interviewed with. I was also interviewed panel-style during this time where I had to answer questions for around 10 managers in the department and then had a separate interview with my boss and another manager I'd be working closely with. After that, I waited about a week and a half and received the job offer. I had to electronically sign the offer to accept and then my initial paperwork was emailed to me to sign electronically. I got to choose my start date.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Port St Lucie, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

We had a Phone interview before hand. They then set up a 1-1 interview at the Fl office. Since I was i Fl at the time, they rented out a car and asked if I could drive down. There were 3 other candidates applying for the same job. Had a general meeting with the team and manager.
    Then sat down for a 2-hr extensive interview that involved an electrical test. Then had a wal-around of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Electrical Design test. Involved a lot of motor rating calculations and electrical theory   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt in June 2010.

Interview

2 Phone interviews
    Panel interview in LA

Negotiation

There wasn't one, they told me my salary
    Got company car and expense account

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Tupelo, MS) in October 2013.

Interview

They sent an email saying they were interested and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty short and basic. The main boss just asked a couple basic questions and then pretty much hired me on the spot.And so when they offered me the job i went in the very next day at seven am in the morning and immediately started working the full time job that they had extended to me the previous day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

IT Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarján (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Tarján (Hungary)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very slow as normally with huge companies. There are more rounds (2-3) when you need to travel to the company, talk to local supervisor and HR representative. First I handed in my CV to local HR advisor and in a couple of weeks got a phone invitation to the interview. First it was only HR presence then again a couple of weeks and had the next round with Branch manager. Again some time and I was the chosen one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate but job description was underdefined, that finally caused some problems

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt in February 2015.

Interview

After initially applying on their website, they sent an email requesting a detailed employment history form be filled out (though almost all of these questions were answered with the initial application). After submitting that information, there was an email to set up a phone screening shortly thereafter. Questions were very basic, and it was kept to 30 minutes on the dot. After that, they set up an in-person interview that was scheduled for a few weeks later, which was fairly lengthy. Final contact came a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed break-down of resume and education/employment history. There were some general industry questions and specific questions about L&P, but mostly it was background-specific.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I first had a phone interview and then few days later was called for a second interview. The second interview was two weeks later. That interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told at the end of the interview I would receive an email to attach my references to. I never received that email. I was called a week later and told they gave the job to someone else.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my previous positions and how they compared to the internal auditor position.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

Apply online through an applicant tracking system. Resume is very important since that is your first opportunity to be noticed. If they are interested, they will request more information or a Career History Form. Next will be a phone interview (about an hour). The top 2-3 candidates will get a 1:1 interview (2-3 hours). Finally, reference checks, drug screen. Don't be afraid to call the Talent Advisor and inquire about your status or the process. They can be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate. Don't ask for the moon and back up your request. They want to be able to pay you the best salary they can offer you out of the gate.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO).

Interview

The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Questions

• No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question