Leggett & Platt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leggett & Platt Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard interview questions - prior experience, prior jobs, strengths and weaknesses. There was a phone screen, then a live interview and then a drug test. They also did a background check, and for some reason a credit check (?). Overall pretty standard

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about your previous employer?   1 Answer

Clipper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

I filled out an application. A few days later, the HR lady called me in for an interview. I interviewed with the supervisor and they called me to offer me the job about 2 days later.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

They focused on irrelevant information in the phone interview. Did not give me a time frame to when they would call about in person interviews. A month later I heard back that they had filled the position.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty short and basic. The main boss just asked a couple basic questions and then pretty much hired me on the spot.And so when they offered me the job i went in the very next day at seven am in the morning and immediately started working the full time job that they had extended to me the previous day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Monroe, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview and testing went well and was not difficult. I was hired but then fired immediately following the physical, which asked of medical history. Do not apply here if you cannot lift heavy boxes ,50+ lbs, over your head and walk around the room. I was told this was going to be a range of motion test and was very easy.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to write down the salary you are expecting.   1 Answer

IT Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarján (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Tarján (Hungary)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very slow as normally with huge companies. There are more rounds (2-3) when you need to travel to the company, talk to local supervisor and HR representative. First I handed in my CV to local HR advisor and in a couple of weeks got a phone invitation to the interview. First it was only HR presence then again a couple of weeks and had the next round with Branch manager. Again some time and I was the chosen one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate but job description was underdefined, that finally caused some problems

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt in February 2015.

Interview

After initially applying on their website, they sent an email requesting a detailed employment history form be filled out (though almost all of these questions were answered with the initial application). After submitting that information, there was an email to set up a phone screening shortly thereafter. Questions were very basic, and it was kept to 30 minutes on the dot. After that, they set up an in-person interview that was scheduled for a few weeks later, which was fairly lengthy. Final contact came a few weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed break-down of resume and education/employment history. There were some general industry questions and specific questions about L&P, but mostly it was background-specific.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I first had a phone interview and then few days later was called for a second interview. The second interview was two weeks later. That interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told at the end of the interview I would receive an email to attach my references to. I never received that email. I was called a week later and told they gave the job to someone else.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my previous positions and how they compared to the internal auditor position.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

Only had phone screen, talked with person in charge of hiring; asked standard behavioral questions (tell me about you, strengths, weaknesses, why us, etc.), as well as asking a bit about certain things on my resume. Asked about one of my past job experiences, and challenges I faced there, as well as what I want out of my career/Leggett & Platt.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

Apply online through an applicant tracking system. Resume is very important since that is your first opportunity to be noticed. If they are interested, they will request more information or a Career History Form. Next will be a phone interview (about an hour). The top 2-3 candidates will get a 1:1 interview (2-3 hours). Finally, reference checks, drug screen. Don't be afraid to call the Talent Advisor and inquire about your status or the process. They can be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate. Don't ask for the moon and back up your request. They want to be able to pay you the best salary they can offer you out of the gate.