Lego Group Interview Questions in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England | Glassdoor

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lego Group (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, after about a week I was contacted and asked to take a test. The time limit was 30 minutes and I was asked to write two mails (one in English and one in my native language). Shortly after, a Skype interview was scheduled. Overall, I thought the interview went well. The person I spoke to was nice, the sound quality was fine too. I do not remember any surprising questions. It was all pretty much the same as it would be for any other similar position.

- What qualities do you think a customer service agent should have?
    - Give us an example of when you went the extra mile.
    - What do you like about our company?
    - What do you think are the most common problems you would have to face?
    - Do you have any questions?
    ... and so on.

One day later there was a short phone interview + role play over the phone. As for the role play: There was a customer who wanted to order a product but the problem was that the product was out of stock. I was supposed to inform the customer about that, inform them when the product was going to be in stock, apologize for any inconvenience and offer some other options that the customer could be interested in (or at least that is what I did). The person I talked to was (again) nice and easy to talk to.

Next day I was informed that they would like to invite me for an assessment day in the UK and that I would have to pay for the trip myself. Also, it was emphasized that there was no guarantee that I would be offer the job. Although I liked my chances, I decided that (as I am not from the UK) the time and money I would have to give up just to go there was not worth it. Therefore, if you are not from the UK, take this into account when applying for this position.

All in all, I thought that the whole process went well and there is not much to complain about BUT

1) I am of the opinion that applicants should be informed about the whole process as soon as possible (ideally even before they send their applications). The whole process takes a great deal of time and so does going to the UK just for an interview (not to mention money).

2) LEGO asks applicants to send them a cover letter, to take a test, to go through a Skype interview plus a role play interview and THEN they ask you to attend an assessment day that takes about 3 hours. I am sure that LEGO has their reasons but to me it seems like a bit of an overkill, so to speak.

Commercial Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lego Group (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

First phone interview with 2 HR people: walk through CV, why Lego, most important issues facing the business. Got through but was advised to be more succinct in the next interview. Then an interview in the office with the line manager and one HR. HR asked for examples related to the required competencies, line manager was interested in the practical aspects of how would I approach the job - that was very down-to-earth and detailed, how would you gather information, what changes would you like to make in the website and why, etc. Was dinged with feedback that I was overqualified. Very practical just-get-it-done culture.

Interview Questions

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lego Group (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a one on one interview at the LEGO UK HQ where I was asked about my motivation for the job and the skills that I can bring to the company.

Interview Questions