Legrand North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.6

Service Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Legrand North America (Plano, TX).

Interview

Process took 6+ weeks. First interview was on phone with recruiter. Second was with Recruiter, Director, Manager, HR and VP. Questions included past work history, details and examples of roles, responsibilities and how I managed various situations (poor leader, not meeting everyone's expectations, etc.).

Interview Questions

• If we were to hire you, what would you do to help us in two weeks?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moraine, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Legrand North America (Moraine, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first with the recruiter, second with the hiring manager. Final step was a face-to face with the hiring manager and HR. The entire process was painless and the teams was more than helpful and very nice!

Interview Questions

• What is the process you use to build your project plan   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Legrand North America (Pleasant Grove, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

went to there building and asked me to call him on his personal cellphone when I get there to let him know that I was there. Apparently they recently moved, and even though there were a receptionist there she was not being used I guess.
    The interview started with a really nice conversation. I thought that the interview would be only behavioral because we already had spent over half of the time of the interview talking about soccer. Then, he asked me to convert a binary number into an integer in C. First I thought that the interview was for a C#/JavaScript position, but it was okay. I told him that have been a while since I had code in C, but I could do it. I spent all the rest of the time doing it, and I was able to compile and make it work on my first try. In the end of the interview the interviewer was looking sad and even took me to a quick tour around the office looking like that he was not wanting to do that.
    PS.: They are very clear on their intentions. They rarely hire interns, so they only want you there for one year and after that you are replaced by another cheap labor intern.

Interview Questions

• Convert a binary number into an integer in C.   1 Answer

Builder Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Legrand North America (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

In person with the sales director, who had worked with me at a prior employer. Since he had seen my work performance overall several years the interview went well as they were recruiting me for my results

Interview Questions

• Heavy National Travel, nearly 80% of the month   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Legrand North America (West Hartford, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a 25-30 minute phone screen. This involved questions about my current position, education, and work related questions. They asked me to name my weeknesses, what I could bring to the company, and have I ever dealt with an upset customer. About a week and a half later I was contacted for an onsite interview. The interview portion was approximately twenty minutes and then they took me to the department to take a data entry test. For the data entry test you are provided a paper with item numbers and quantities. You must enter the items and quantities in the order they are on the sheet. The interviewer stresses accuracy is more important than time. The form provided with the item numbers and quantities are small.

Everyone throughout the entire process was very nice beginning with the recruiter all the way to the two people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• The interview portion was mostly customer service questions. They asked if I ever had a disgruntled customer and how I handled? Did I ever have to bend a rule to help a customer? For customer correspondence what did I feel was the best form? How soon could I start? Computer knowledge? After the interview portion there is a data entry test. It is a piece of paper with very small item numbers and quantities. You must enter them exactly as shown and in that order. They stress accuracy is more important than time but it is timed until you finish.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Legrand North America (Rexburg, ID) in July 2016.

Interview

A series of phone calls were conducted to set up drug screening appointments and job interview times. The interview itself was a conference call on the computer with a screen sharing program. This was used to have me demonstrate my programming knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to convert an integer into 1's and 0's in C++   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Legrand North America (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online through my school website. They called me in for an interview within 3 weeks. After 3 more weeks I received an offer letter. They were very open with their timelines.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions and then asked about the projects i'm involved with in school.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legrand North America (Hartford, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

Received an interview after applying through my University career website. The interview was conducted by the CFO and Director of Financial Operations, both flew in and we met at an on campus career center. This was one of the most positive interviews I have ever had, they each made me feel very comfortable and really went out of their way to get to know me. The interview was structured as more of a conversation rather than a Q&A, where each interviewer was analyzing if I would be a good fit for their team. Questions were very open ended, thus allowing me to really explain what I was looking for, and why I was "right" for the position. Overall a positive experience, and it spoke volumes of Legrand North America as an organization that such experienced personnel were conducting the interview and generally cared about their upcoming talent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where are you from, how did you decide you wanted to become involved in business?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legrand North America (West Hartford, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

Multi-tiered process with individuals as well as groups. Individuals can include peers, direct reports, product manager and division leaders. Interviews can be at division sites and at Corporate in West Hartford. It also helps to know someone in the company and to have a strong set of references.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical interviewing prep needed. Know the products of the respective divisions. Know your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation