Lehigh Hanson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lehigh Hanson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson (Houston, TX).

Interview

Intense process with phone interview, screening then in-person multiple panel. Good questions with lots of notes taken. I felt that it was a fair exchange where I was also able to unquire.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Shipping Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson.

Interview

Positive experience. Recruiting team was great to work with! Very responsive with updates throughout the process! In person interview with group was very conversational. Process was organized and was extremely impressed with the on- boarding process.

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson (Nazareth, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 1 regional HR the PM and Production manager. The interview tone was short, curt, and intimidating. Almost adversarial. Not professional but confrontational. Not business like but challenging and aggressive. Without warning shut the interview down. Very unpleasant experience. If they wanted to act in that manner they should not have scheduled me to visit. Stay away from this company if you are a professional.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking and how do they expect to keep me. The PM was aggressive in drilling down about issues that were beyond my control. Tried to intimidate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson (Campbell, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a pre-interview set up with the Lehigh Hanson recruiting personnel and was selected to move forward. Arrived for the 1st interview and no one was there, so basically after 35 minutes of waiting and asking 2 people that wandered by me if they could assist in finding the person I left and notified the recruiter of what took place. Received an email later about the mix up which I understood, its a huge place and things work smoothly when everyone is on the same page, plus they were in there yearly shut down/clean up mode. Arrived to the 2nd interview and all went well and I was asked to come back and meet the team the next day, which I did. I felt fine in the 2nd round of interviews, but some of the concerns were quite a stretch, see below.

Interview Questions

• The one question that seemed to have 1 person stretching what the concerns was. Why did you leave your last employer? simple and fair question!   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from HR. The interview lasted about 20 minutes after which he said I'll be contacted later to setup a face-to-face interview. After two weeks of silence, I contacted the HR guy again and he said that they are moving on with other candidates.

EIT Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Got an in person interview then sent a computer guided interview and never heard back. The in person interview went well but the computer interview was more difficult because you're expected to talk into a computer with nobody on the other side. Conversations are much easier and natural than simply answering a prompt staring at yourself on a computer screen.

Interview Questions

• What are three strengths and three weaknesses about yourself   Answer Question

Mill Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson.

Interview

Was brought in for in person interview. Met with several people over lunch. Very awkward trying to answer questions over the atom sphere of restaurant. Went for a brief walk through with one of supervisors. Had to fill out application after, that was all there was.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous experience help you in this position   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on website. Contacted by corporate recruiter for initial phone interview. Then went for face to face interview with regional manager. Sat through an interview that lasted about an hour and a half with a multitude of questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work late hours. Are you familiar with CRM's. What skills do you bring to the position   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with four representatives
    Very casual, normal process
    No technicals

Next was the over the phone. With the plant manager and one HR rep. Again no technicals.
    Asked a lot of personality and interest related questions. Seemed they were looking for someone bursting with enthusiasm about concrete. Seemed like a very down to earth hiring crew.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this internship?
      Greatest Weakness   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Hanson.

Interview

Applied online. I met or exceeded the job description posted. I didn't hear anything back, so I tracked down a recruiter. He said I didn't have enough experience for the role and that if I wanted a role like that I would have to be an hourly plant worker on second shift and work my way up. 2 months after I was told this, I got
    An automated email from the online system saying they chose someone else

Interview Questions

• How is your management experience applicable to this role?

Is this all the experience you have?   Answer Question