Lehman Brothers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lehman Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

multiple interviews over a 3 month period. at least 5 days with 5-6 people interviewing me per day. People were friendly but you definitely needed to be able to articulate what was compelling abut their company and what your unique contribution would be.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with multiple members of an industry or product team in investment banking. College on-campus recruiting for first rounds followed by final rounds in NYC office that consisted of meeting multiple individuals one on one.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Document Review Consultant - Was notified over the phone and asked to come in and meet with three people. was an hour or so long and they took turns asking me questions

Interview Questions

• Former employment as well as industry knowledge and ability to work in collaborative setting in a slow paced environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Very down to earth and simple process. Interview was with department management and not with HR which gave you a better idea of the type of personalities you would be working with

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment is best suited to your style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. They knew the market and matched it.

Analyst, Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of day long interviews for the position. Started at 10 am and lasted until 2 pm including lunch with several of the group members. I was a little nervous during the process and this was many years ago

Interview Questions

• What is the most important class you took in school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Extremely involved and extended. Met with many product managers over a three month period. Some were favorably inclined others probably not. This was for an experienced hire during a strong period of the markets. You would not be able to BS your way through. exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important determinate of swap pricing??   1 Answer

Negotiation

a lot of flexibility but very demanding

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Met with HR department, great interview, many job specific and personal style questions. Met with 2 hiring managers and a few other people in the department. Overall, it was probably one of the more difficult interviews.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Extensive and fair.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Very professional interview process. Met with multiple individuals over the course of two days. I got a very good idea of the corporate culture, the personalities of the people I would work with, and the expectations for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work decision you had to make; how did you analyze your options?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Interviewed for a position in the interest rate group