Lehman Brothers Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

In the US, the investment banking interview process goes like this:
    Submit your resume online or through your contacts;
    Go through a first-round, usually on-campus, interview;
    If you do well, you move to the next round – “superday interviews,” which are held at the bank’s offices (the article you’re reading right now covers this step);
    If all the bankers like you, they give you an offer.

Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

multiple interviews over a 3 month period. at least 5 days with 5-6 people interviewing me per day. People were friendly but you definitely needed to be able to articulate what was compelling abut their company and what your unique contribution would be.

Analyst, Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of day long interviews for the position. Started at 10 am and lasted until 2 pm including lunch with several of the group members. I was a little nervous during the process and this was many years ago

Interview Questions

• What is the most important class you took in school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was extensive. I applied via headhunter, the headhunter screen me initially then I was screened by human resources. The human resource department was very thorough. The asked me to produce official college transcripts. They contacted all of my personal and professional references. From start to finish the process lasted four weeks.

Technical Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2008.

Interview

One of my friend asked me to come and join Lehman to help him in his division. I was very excited to be part of one of the fastest growing divisions in the fastest growing financial company in US. I sent my resume there were 5 interviews over a week in first quarter of 2007, then due to some budget issues things got delayed, but there was constant update of the status of my candidature. One fine day my friend called me for a final interview with the division head, which went well, was offered the package the next day. I accepted the offer the following day and joined towards the end of second quarter.

Interview Questions

• How to sell an "equity option" if there are no long positions of the underlyer or the option itself ?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

The first interview was a fit interview, and I hit it off with my interviewer. Walked through the resume, asking questions about previous experiences such as what my main responsibilities were and describe any challenges I encountered . The next interview was a super day of 5 interviews in a row. The younger analysts had heavy quantitative questions, while the senior ones asked the strength/weakness/leadership questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Document Review Consultant - Was notified over the phone and asked to come in and meet with three people. was an hour or so long and they took turns asking me questions

Interview Questions

• Former employment as well as industry knowledge and ability to work in collaborative setting in a slow paced environment   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with multiple members of an industry or product team in investment banking. College on-campus recruiting for first rounds followed by final rounds in NYC office that consisted of meeting multiple individuals one on one.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. Received a phone call back from HR for onsite in person interview. Met with team members for various business related tech questions about the position and growth opportunities.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

They ask about a lot of data structures and a few brain teasers. Make sure you read some "Cracking the Coding interview" to get an idea for these questions. I would say the technical part is 95% of what they are looking for so spend little to no time thinking of good behavioral responses. Great ideas - especially hobby projects and problems with their favourite language seems really good to me. It should reveal more about their relation to programming.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you like about the developer tools you use?   Answer Question