Lehman Brothers Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Very down to earth and simple process. Interview was with department management and not with HR which gave you a better idea of the type of personalities you would be working with

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment is best suited to your style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. They knew the market and matched it.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with two attorneys who seemed more interested in discussing my current law school career than the job description. Overall, was overqualified for a position in a company that is winding down.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for a company who is working to tie up all the lose ends of bankruptcy?   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contracted as a result of specialized skills

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

This was a a strange interview. The interview was not with Lehman but with Alvarez the firm overseeing its liquidation. Once i realized that the position was project oriented and not service line oriented I tried blowing up the interview but they still made me an offer anyway.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Had three on campus interviews. Played good cop/bad cop, and one with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with three individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

this was right before Lehman went under. So it was good not getting that job. Interview with HR first. And a few days later, i was offered for the 2nd round interview. Not many tech. question. 2nd round was short

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

They ask about a lot of data structures and a few brain teasers. Make sure you read some "Cracking the Coding interview" to get an idea for these questions. I would say the technical part is 95% of what they are looking for so spend little to no time thinking of good behavioral responses. Great ideas - especially hobby projects and problems with their favourite language seems really good to me. It should reveal more about their relation to programming.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you like about the developer tools you use?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. Received a phone call back from HR for onsite in person interview. Met with team members for various business related tech questions about the position and growth opportunities.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with multiple members of an industry or product team in investment banking. College on-campus recruiting for first rounds followed by final rounds in NYC office that consisted of meeting multiple individuals one on one.