Lehman Brothers Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Very professional interview process. Met with multiple individuals over the course of two days. I got a very good idea of the corporate culture, the personalities of the people I would work with, and the expectations for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work decision you had to make; how did you analyze your options?   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

We were acquired by Lehman so there was no employment interview. Only negotiations about the acquisition and post acquisition obligations. Also, FYI the informational choices for this company are not accurate - that is, we were acquired in 1999 but the earliest options are 2013. Therefore there some of the personal information and timeline information is inaccurate.

Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

multiple interviews over a 3 month period. at least 5 days with 5-6 people interviewing me per day. People were friendly but you definitely needed to be able to articulate what was compelling abut their company and what your unique contribution would be.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Document Review Consultant - Was notified over the phone and asked to come in and meet with three people. was an hour or so long and they took turns asking me questions

Interview Questions

• Former employment as well as industry knowledge and ability to work in collaborative setting in a slow paced environment   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with multiple members of an industry or product team in investment banking. College on-campus recruiting for first rounds followed by final rounds in NYC office that consisted of meeting multiple individuals one on one.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. Received a phone call back from HR for onsite in person interview. Met with team members for various business related tech questions about the position and growth opportunities.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

They ask about a lot of data structures and a few brain teasers. Make sure you read some "Cracking the Coding interview" to get an idea for these questions. I would say the technical part is 95% of what they are looking for so spend little to no time thinking of good behavioral responses. Great ideas - especially hobby projects and problems with their favourite language seems really good to me. It should reveal more about their relation to programming.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you like about the developer tools you use?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

Very down to earth and simple process. Interview was with department management and not with HR which gave you a better idea of the type of personalities you would be working with

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment is best suited to your style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. They knew the market and matched it.

Analyst, Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of day long interviews for the position. Started at 10 am and lasted until 2 pm including lunch with several of the group members. I was a little nervous during the process and this was many years ago

Interview Questions

• What is the most important class you took in school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contracted as a result of specialized skills