Leicester City Council Administrative and Business Support Officer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 15 interviews

Interviews at Leicester City Council

Positive50%
Neutral50%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Leicester City Council

Leicester City Council

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Leicester City Council

Interview

Application requires you to describe how you meet the specific requirements for the job in detail. You can't upload your CV. If offered an assessment and interview you will receive an email to book a date. This email went into my junk mail. In my experience the dates for interview are very short notice. In the assessment you will be tested on literacy and numeracy skills, use of excel and also be shown a short video of a meeting which you must minute. The interview is a list of questions where the interviewers have a checklist of words and phrases they are looking for to show understanding. A panel of 2 or 3 people will split the questions. Afterwards you will be offered (or not) the job very quickly but the following period of references and documents and finally start date take quite a long time.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with working under pressure with multiple conflicting deadlines.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Leicester City Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leicester City Council

Interview

I applied for the role after seeing it advertised on Twitter. The application form was available online and was fairly simple, asking mainly for experience of various conditions. I received an email 10-15 minutes after submitting it asking whether I could make an assessment day the following week. The assessment day started in a small reception area where I met the other candidates (note that no employer was present during this - you are left a little clueless here, but use your initiative and spark up some small talk with the other candidates). I was then taken into a computer room along with the other candidates where the employer read the terms and rules from a sheet ("you have 1hr 30 minutes to complete 3 tasks..." - n.b. you do have this sheet printed in front of you too!). After being read the terms and summary of the tasks, the clock was started and I was left to it. The tasks were based on the role: one based on minute taking, the other creating graphs and adding figures using a large excel sheet, and the final a research task in the form of writing a return letter to an upset customer. The tasks each required strict focus as you only have a short time to get them right. Throughout the task you are asked to act as a fictional character, 'Sam' and each of the tasks were presented in emails which you have to reply to along with the required answers/evidence. After the 1hr30mins I was asked to stop writing etc and given two booklets (an answer booklet and a question booklet). After being read the terms again, I had to answer 5 questions and these were checked by the employer before being allowed to begin. The questions were various sentences each with spelling/grammar/punctuation errors, you had to identify the various errors (each sentence could have more than 1,2,3,4+ errors!). You had 50 questions and only 10 minutes to answer them - I don't think you were actually expected to answer them all, I only answer 25. I would focus on quality rather than quantity here. Once the 10 minutes were up, I was thanked for attending and told to await further instructions. I then received an interview invitation 2 weeks later. The email also included a job specification and a job description. I had assumed that that all of the questions would be based on this so did a lot of prior research: things such as Data Protection and Council Policies, though it turns out this wasn't required for the interview (well not in as much detail as I had gone into anyway!). On the day of the interview I asked for the interviewer by name at reception and waited for her to greet me and take me to the interview room. There were two interviews including my future team leader. They were extremely nice and told me it was going to be very informal and short, only 5 questions. The questions were based again on experience, and how I would focus/prioritize tasks. The questions did all relate to the job description and were very similar to the application form. Basically be yourself, get your personality across and keep the answers relevant to the question and experience they are asking for. The interviews both helped me along when I got a little stuck and were clearly looking for fitting personalities. It was an extremely pleasant experience and considering it was my first interview, they made me feel really relaxed and didn't seem to phased when I repeated myself or went slightly off topic (I was a little nervous!). I then received a phone call shortly after confirming my successful interview and then various emails - mainly addressing medical questionnaires, references, start dates and then finally the contract came through. I start next week!

Interview Questions
  • Something about how I would focus on the various tasks, but most were based on previous experience and what I believe the various tasks entail/require.
8 people found this interview helpful