LendUp Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LendUp Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at LendUp

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LendUp (Richmond, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied for an Account Manager position in Richmond, Va. I have 6 years prior experience managing accounts and brokerage and I feel like the recruiters did not even acknowledge my employment history. This position explained sounded like a call center, customer service job. Ideally I would appreciate personal questions where I can explain my work ethic, skills, etc. rather than out of the box questions. I had a phone interview, was told I would hear from them for the next step to come in and was sent a rejection email later that day with no explanation.

Interview Questions

LendUp Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. These positions are entry level and previous experience, whilst beneficial, is not required for this position. Given this the interview process is very structured and... More

Other Interview Reviews for LendUp

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (Lafayette, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was definitely efficient as the process took about 2 weeks. However, the main issue with the process was that the role and opportunities for growth were not marketed correctly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendUp (Oakland, CA).

Interview

They reached out to me for a phone interview. On the phone interview we scheduled 3 back to back interviews that I was told was one interview. While the interview went well I can tell the last lady was already not interested before starting. Also instead of one interview with 3 people we did it separately which resulted in me being required to repeat myself three times. I didn’t see to many POC especially African Americans while in the office which didn’t surprise me based off my last encounter, even though I was well qualified and great fit I wasn’t to shocked that I was offered a position. Sometimes you can feel it in the atmosphere.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

phone screen and then 3 part in person interview. Not too difficult, but was sold on ideas that were simply not true. Overall interview process was easy since I had prior startup experience, and knew some info about Lendup prior to interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Great Process. Recruiter reached out quickly and the process moved along faster than I had expected. Interestingly enough, it was around the holiday time and process was still quick and personal.

Interview Questions

• If you were to build out your own collections department, would you consider Customer Experience, Compliance or Cost as the most important factor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiting process needs to be overhauled. I have been actively looking for a new role since the beginning of 2015, and this place had the strangest format. I really disliked the informal emails from "generic" email addresses. Also, after my phone interview (which was mediocre) as the hiring manager liked to hear himself talk mainly, there was no feedback or status update. It is perfectly ok to let candidates know that it did not work out, especially when you tell them that you are going to provide a status update in a few days. But do that, let them know.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LendUp in December 2014.

Interview

First, the emails that come through are completely impersonal- from "The LendUp Team", which made for a poor correspondence experience. I had no idea who I was emailing. Then I had a call set up with a Manager. He was 15 minutes late with no email. On the positive side, he asked if anyone let me know and apologized they hadn't. He asked me some questions about my background and when I asked him to tell me about the role, his response was to tell me to guess about it. Very bizarre. I just responded by telling him that I had asked because I hadn't worked in that industry and that in interest of time, if may make sense for him to tell me instead of me guessing.

When he described the role, he described what sounded like a call center/ customer service representative job.

Two whole weeks after my interview, I get another weird email from "The LendUp Team": "Congratulations! We've reviewed your application and would like to invite you for an onsite interview."

.....huh? 1) why are you congratulating me??? That is so arrogant. This should be a mutual experience. and 2) You reviewed my application? How about you spoke with me this is still a bizarre, detached communication process... I declined the interview, as the way things were going just didn't sit right with me. Hopefully as they grow, they can cultivate a more productive and positive way to recruit.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question: in response to me asking about the role and again when asking about what types of questions/challenges the account management team deals with... He asked me what I would think they dealt with.   1 Answer

LendUp Response

Dec 4, 2015 – Head of Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry you had a negative experience. I've passed the feedback on to the management team.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

I actually applied through LinkedIn and had a pretty good experience. It started with a phone call by someone (I don't remember her name). She was nice and pretty passionate about the company. I'm really looking for a place that has a great culture so that was great to see. The questions she asked were pretty tough. I was later invited to the office for more interviews. I met with three more people on that day and they were all great. Everyone seemed really experienced and down to earth. They talked a lot about the fact that everyone there had a real passion for the company's mission. The interviews were all good and was a good balance of basic and difficult. It was actually pretty fun :). I ended up getting an offer but I decided to accept an offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at LendUp?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this role?   1 Answer
    • How are we different from other banks?   1 Answer
    • What's the most important thing you're looking for in a company?   1 Answer