LendUp Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LendUp Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at LendUp

2.3

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

I only talked to the recruiter. He was not welcoming at all and I felt very uncomfortable the way he talked.
All the companies I interviewed for, the chat with the recruiter is a chance to share my background and for them to talk about the company and the position.
It is NOT about the recruiter's achievement about how small his previous company was and how big it was when he left. It was NOT about being rude.

Good luck on finding data scientists with this recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose data science?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LendUp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LendUp (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and contacted the recruiter through LinkedIn. The recruiter responded on the same day, and asked for available time slots. The recruiter was extremely responsive and made sure the process went smoothly (as opposed to what most reviews say).
    However, during the interview, there was so much background noise at the recruiter's end, I could barely hear the questions and had to ask the interviewer to repeat the questions time and again. I was told to contact in case I don't hear back. When I emailed the recruiter, I was told I was not selected for the Data Analyst – People Analytics role. The interview was for the data science role..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about xyz project on your resume.
      Why LendUp?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LendUp.

Interview

I had three interviews after corresponding with a recruiter. First with the "general recruiter", then with a "data science recruiter", then an hour long discussion with a data scientist of the team.

I believe that if you make a candidate invest time in your company, you could at least take 5 minutes to send an email saying that you are not interested. I send a couple of follow-ups to the recruiters I communicated, but they did not respond (not even with a "no, thanks").

Interview Questions

• The data science interview was pretty open-ended, discussing my experience. The interviewer was friendly and polite, and was interested in knowing what I was working on.   Answer Question