LendUp Finance/Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn. The LendUp in house recruiter talked with me by phone. The recruiter was very positive, very professional. Nice experience.
Next step was an on site interview with the hiring manager. It took 30 days to get that scheduled. I think because they are "startup busy", and selective about hiring. On site, LendUp personnel were consistently the most friendly, positive, impeccably professional people I have ever met. It made me think that LendUp puts their people through some sort of business etiquette or professionalism course. The hiring manager met with me for an hour. She was warm, courteous, professional, and had a very good understanding of the business and how it worked. Curiously, she didn't really ask me any questions, but rather described the business and the role. I concluded she probably hadn't read my resume. And she was "thinking her way through it" as she went along. It was a fun talk.
The next day I got a very nice email from the in house recruiter that they were going to pass, but wishing me luck. Their reasons were sensible, basically looking for someone with stronger experience in certain areas.
Possibly the same no-hire decision could have been made by the hiring manager simply by looking at my resume. But, I enjoyed the on site visit. Also, the situation may have been that the in house recruiter believed in me as a candidate and pushed to get me on the hiring manager's schedule.
Overall, I was positively impressed by the people and the company.