LendUp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LendUp

2.7

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Series of phone screens with ~5 people in their analytics department. Followed by a case that I was given ~3 days to create a presentation for. Then a full day onsite with in person interviews.

Overall it was a very positive experience. Everyone I interviewed with was super dedicated and passionate about the company

Interview Questions

• How would you create a collections strategy in a situation when DQ roll rates are rising   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendUp in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview...But the recruiter did not show up the first time without saying anything. Until later I wrote an email and was told to reschedule. Then she gave a call and only asked what attracted me with this opportunity, and she interrupted me in the middle and told me they are having some people in the final phase...How come the recruiter just don't value candidate's time and effort...I feel really disappointed about the recruiting process.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendUp in January 2018.

Interview

I saw the job posting for Operation Analyst in Richmond, VA on LinkedIn and the description seemed like something I'd be a good fit for and am interested in. Researched the company mission and culture and it made me want to submit an application. A month later, got an email for a telephone screen. The telephone screening was a week later and took about 20 mins. Just a casual talk to ask me about why I was interested and past experience. Unfortunately I was told by my recruiter, Ana Quinonez, that the hiring manager was looking for someone with more years of experience, preferably in finance (I had about 1 year of continuous improvement experience in engineering). I was a bit disappointed because the job posting stated 1-3 years experience in a quantitative field, but I really appreciate her telling me why I wasn't a good fit instead of leaving me in the dark with a generic rejection email. She offered to connect on LinkedIn to keep me updated if she sees any position more align with my background. Not getting my hopes too high, but the gesture was very nice and professional. Although I didn't get the job, it was only 20 mins and I really appreciate the courtesy Ana gave. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions

LendUp Response

Mar 14, 2018

Dear Candidate, thank you very much for your interest and support of our company LendUp! We want to thank you very much for your kind feedback and hope that you will continue to seek roles at our... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very conscientious of my time and worked around the clock to make sure he found the right fit for me.

When I went in for my onsite interview, everyone was very respectful and punctual. They asked me questions about my previous experience but didn't keep it surface level. They probed my experience so that they could really understand my potential. Through the process it was clear that they valued how much I valued the mission and how much effort I was willing to put into the role. Yes they cared about my skillset, but moreso they cared about my willingness to learn and roll up my sleeves.

The process was very speedy and they were open to negotiations.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A friend referred me; I spoke to the recruiter by phone but the ball was dropped when she passed me on to the hiring manager.

I was stood up the first time, and never heard back after eventually having an interview

Interview Questions

• Case interview about a sporting good store (by phone) -- price + COGS of bats vs. balls vs. shirts   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LendUp (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a three part interview, with two being in-person, and one over Skype with a member of the San Francisco branch. Everyone I interviewed with was very helpful and easy to talk to.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LendUp (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process was not difficult except that the management was slightly unorganized with scheduling, but nothing out of the ordinary for a fairly new company. They made a nice offer that I turned down in order to pursue options that more aligned with my background.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one aspect of the companies you previously worked for what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LendUp (Richmond, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied for an Account Manager position in Richmond, Va. I have 6 years prior experience managing accounts and brokerage and I feel like the recruiters did not even acknowledge my employment history. This position explained sounded like a call center, customer service job. Ideally I would appreciate personal questions where I can explain my work ethic, skills, etc. rather than out of the box questions. I had a phone interview, was told I would hear from them for the next step to come in and was sent a rejection email later that day with no explanation.

Interview Questions

LendUp Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. These positions are entry level and previous experience, whilst beneficial, is not required for this position. Given this the interview process is very structured and... More

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (Lafayette, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was definitely efficient as the process took about 2 weeks. However, the main issue with the process was that the role and opportunities for growth were not marketed correctly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendUp (Oakland, CA).

Interview

They reached out to me for a phone interview. On the phone interview we scheduled 3 back to back interviews that I was told was one interview. While the interview went well I can tell the last lady was already not interested before starting. Also instead of one interview with 3 people we did it separately which resulted in me being required to repeat myself three times. I didn’t see to many POC especially African Americans while in the office which didn’t surprise me based off my last encounter, even though I was well qualified and great fit I wasn’t to shocked that I was offered a position. Sometimes you can feel it in the atmosphere.