LendUp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

LendUp Interview Questions

Interviews at LendUp

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interviews were organized. The panel included employees from different teams the Project Manager would interact with on a daily basis. However, the recruiting team needs to do a better job with communication.

Interview Questions

• Most of them asked me questions about specific problems they are having internally. It sounds like they are indeed struggling with team building and cross functional team communication   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Well organized with well chosen interview panels. The recruiting team kept me informed at every juncture of the process via emails and calls. I really appreciated the communication.

Interview Questions

• Majority of questions from key team members were based on office use cases.
      Some panel interviewers crafted their skill/personality/culture questions very well (not text book).   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We use this information to better ourselves and improve the candidate experience for everyone. I am sorry to hear that you declined the offer and hope that you will consider LendUp again in the future.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had 2 separate phone calls before going on-site. First phone call was the regular chat with the recruiter, second call was with the Executive Assistant to the CEO who oversees all the other EAs. During my on site, I met with Head of Business Operations, Head of Growth for a "Mission and Values interview" which was essentially a regular interview just less formal as we went to go grab coffee. Then I met with the EA to the COO, then the manager who the role would be supporting, and ended the day meeting with the EA to the CEO.

Overall, I had a great experience. My only caveat is that I thought this was the only on site I would have to do complete since I met essentially most of the team members this role would be working with. But I had to wait almost 2 weeks after to be invited for a 2nd on site to meet AGAIN with the EAs. This was fine, but I felt the communications from the recruiting team was very vague. I told them I wanted to move fast and they agreed, but I felt like they delayed me a lot. Which is not a bad thing - I might not have a been the best candidate in their eyes. After one month of interviewing/waiting on them, I was hoping to receive an offer, but ended up accepting a job elsewhere.

Great company, great product, great values, such hard working people - would just recommend to be a liiiiittle more proactive and transparent especially when the candidate has expressed great interest in the company and team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle your manager emailing you at 7am in the morning asking you to cancel all his meetings for the day because he is not coming into the office?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at LendUp?   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017

Dear Candidate,

Our sincerest apologies for not setting expectations better. My recruiting team strives to make each candidate's experience an exemplary one and it appears we could have done a better job here. I hope you will continue to consider LendUp as a potential employer of choice. We appreciate your feedback and will use this information to better ourselves!

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn. The LendUp in house recruiter talked with me by phone. The recruiter was very positive, very professional. Nice experience.
    Next step was an on site interview with the hiring manager. It took 30 days to get that scheduled. I think because they are "startup busy", and selective about hiring. On site, LendUp personnel were consistently the most friendly, positive, impeccably professional people I have ever met. It made me think that LendUp puts their people through some sort of business etiquette or professionalism course. The hiring manager met with me for an hour. She was warm, courteous, professional, and had a very good understanding of the business and how it worked. Curiously, she didn't really ask me any questions, but rather described the business and the role. I concluded she probably hadn't read my resume. And she was "thinking her way through it" as she went along. It was a fun talk.
    The next day I got a very nice email from the in house recruiter that they were going to pass, but wishing me luck. Their reasons were sensible, basically looking for someone with stronger experience in certain areas.
    Possibly the same no-hire decision could have been made by the hiring manager simply by looking at my resume. But, I enjoyed the on site visit. Also, the situation may have been that the in house recruiter believed in me as a candidate and pushed to get me on the hiring manager's schedule.
    Overall, I was positively impressed by the people and the company.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Contacted via their career listing page. Spoke with a recruiter who clearly didn't read my resume or application, didn't listen on the call, and refused to answer some basic questions about the role.

Received an email a few days later that they were not planning on following up (at least they didn't leave me in limbo).

Interview Questions

LendUp Response

Apr 25, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hi there, I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. We've had an abnormally high amount of interest for the Analyst positions. I'd be more than happy to jump on a call to discuss your candidacy and why you weren't a fit. If you're interested please email me at hector@lendup.com.

Thanks,
    Hector Selberis
    Head of Talent Acquisition

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email for a phone screen. The phone screen by the recruiter explored my background, mostly looking for a fit with the role. There were questions about salary expectations and what to expect. Second round was very quantitative and demanding. You have to be very well prepared because of how smart the overall team is. The recruiters are very transparent about how long the process will take and very communicative.

Data Architect Interview

Interview

Several noteworthy points

1. The rejection email was sent 5+ weeks after the onsite interview. In fact, it was this email that reminded me, "Oh, I actually had this onsite that I never heard back from and completely forgot about".

2. It took 3-4 weeks to schedule the onsite, because - paraphrasing their words - the team had no availability. As candidates who make every reasonable effort to accommodate potential employers' schedules, we also expect reciprocity, or at least a good-faith effort at reciprocating our flexibility.

3. Before they informed me of an onsite, there was a technical phone screen. It took them 2 weeks to get back to me about the onsite.

4. The onsite itself. Interviewers are nice and smart, the supporting staff helpful and caring, but the lack of transparency with and trust for the candidate is frustrating. For somewhere between 6 and 7 hours, instead of dynamic and bi-directional technical discussions I have had with many others, the conversations with LendUp were that all information came from me, with no reciprocity from their end. Many conversations felt like that I was offering detailed technical knowledge, experience, and opinions on very specific problems they have (in general, this would be treated as consulting), but receiving no or very evasive answers when I asked even very generic questions on their corresponding approaches to the same problems.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really special. Mostly scenario-based questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

Talking with the HR first and talking with the manger. Just walk through my experience on resume. People are very easy-going and nice. The whole interview process is very relaxing.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through LendUp.com, got an email response, met with the Product Lead for coffee at a cafe.

The conversation lasted for about an hour. Was asked about agile methodology, sprint planning, project coordination and management, experience in software development.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure each engineer's capacity for a sprint?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendUp (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Thorough interview with 3 engineers and 2 managers. Everybody was personable. They seemed to have empathy.

A big negative is that they totally tried to lowball me on the offer in a very sneaky way. They congratulated me on passing the interview... and then offered a position well below the Principal engineer one (and well below my current one) with a much lower compensation, about 12% below what I'm currently making. While I'm not taking that personally (business is business and if they could get somebody for cheap, why wouldn't they?), honest feedback, not fake praise, should be the norm.