LendingTree Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Burlingame, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

HR Screen, Hiring Manager Phone Call, Additional Phone Call, Onsite with multiple individuals on the team that had 4-5 interviews in total.
I had a decent experience overall, but left with the impression the company/office was disorganized. No one greeted me on arrival to the in person interview (just a sign that said "lunch", and the first interviewer was late coming back from lunch so I began with an different person than scheduled.

Upon completion of the final round interview I was told they could give me a quick turnaround, yet after two weeks of hearing nothing (and receiving an alternative offer) I had to reach out to them directly, in which case it was still a few more days before I heard anything. Ultimately they went with another candidate, which is fine, but based on my professional experience and hiring /interview experience, this type of lack of communication and disorganization should never happen if you are trying to get top talent (which can be particularly difficult in SF bay area).

Overall I had a good experience with those I met. They were all highly intellectual and pleasant individuals with solid professional experience. I would recommend going through with the process and seeing what you think.

Advice to management: How you communicate with final round candidates is important. This includes prompt communication and also little things like having someone ready to greet the interviewee on arrival.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at lendingtree?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Case Questions
    Market sizing-general market sizing of random questions such as how many gas stations in US?
    Quick SQL test. Given two tables asked how to query between them.
    Larger case study-typical format, 45 minutes. Intermediate difficulty.   Answer Question