Lennox Interview Questions in Richardson, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inventory Planner III- Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

In May 2017, I received a LinkedIn message from a Lennox recruiter stating that I may be an optimal person for this position. Within the same day, I had a introduction interview as I like to call them with the recruiter to go over the basics of the job responsibilities, my background, location and potential pay range. It was not an official interview, just giving information to see if I was still interested in the position after learning a little more about the job. It was no longer than about 30 minutes and very basic information. The recruiter was very pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable on the position.

The next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager. This interview was about an hour long. The hiring manager didn't specifically ask me interview questions, but rather more on what I currently do, what my background is, and why I am looking to move jobs. I believe the hiring manager was looking for key words when discussing my current job and background. I thought I completely bombed the interview because I felt like I did not give the answer she was looking for. But! I received a call back from the recruiter saying that they would like to move forward with me.

The third step was two on-site interviews, one with the hiring manager and another department supervisor and the other with two of the team members. Being on-site was nice to be able to see the facilities. Very secure place with nice landscaping makes it more relaxing to come for the interviews. These interviews is where the typical interview questions really came into play. "Name a time when...." "How did you hand a situation when..." Then more job specific questions were asked. Each interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Lastly, I received a phone interview from the department's VP. This interview was the final deciding interview. The call lasted about 45-60 minutes. We discussed everything covered within the first 3 interviews.

One of the largest topics discussed was travel time. They seem to be keen on the work-life balance and wanted to make sure that I would be okay with a longer driver to and from work (including traffic).

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy to follow. There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next step was a 2 hour in person interview, with the first hour being a 1:1 with the hiring manager and team members, and the second hour being a more formal panel interview. Following this step, there was an exercise emailed out to be completed, finally followed by a verbal offer over the phone. Once accepted, the final stage before starting employment was completion of background check and drug test. The process was longer than previous experiences, but it was a good experience that allowed me to learn a lot about the company and the team I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you managed in a previous role. What were some of the road blocks experienced during development, and how did you address them?   Answer Question

COMMERCIAL SALES Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

My experience may differ from most because I was initially contacted by a 3rd-party recruiter. After discussing my interest, I spoke at length with a Lennox recruiter. From there, I had 2 somewhat lengthy phone interviews, after which I was invited to come to TX. I had three interviews that day and then was in contact with the recruiter afterwards.

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in November but it was placed on hold at the end of the year and reopened in the spring of 2017. During the phone screen, the recruiter was clearly explained the expectation for this role and background experience required. I had a phone call with the supervisor that same week and was brought in the following week for a face-2-face with that supervisor. A fourth 3.5 hour interview session was scheduled to meet individually with senior executives, an HRBP, and team members. They asked conversational behavioral based questions along with specifics of experience work history and calculations used to measure the success. I enjoyed working with my recruiter because of her professionalism. It spoke highly of the respect Lennox has for its employees and belief the employees are essential to Lennox's success.

Interview Questions

• Outside of traditional behavioral questions: tell me about yourself, have you been in a situation where you were faced with a challenge. I was asked "Explain project XYZ." I was also given a "homework" assignment to provide a 1-page summary on my approach to a current leadership training challenge they were facing.   1 Answer

Senior Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very informative, gave me a good grasp on the environment prior to joining. I was brought in and got to meet a few people I would be working with and the person who was currently in the role I interviewed for. Everyone was extremely honest even with the tough questions I asked which helped a lot with my decision.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were geared more towards the cultural fit which I found nice   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was 30 minutes via Skype. Interviewer accommodated my schedule by meeting at 7am. Second interview was a panel interview onsite a little over a week after my first interview. Third interview was a 1:1 about 1.5 weeks after the second interview. Job offer was made the next day after the third interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you suggested a process improvement and had to convince others.   Answer Question
    • Lennox uses behavioral interview questions, so be prepared with specific examples.   Answer Question

GRC Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with five people, including individuals inside and outside my organization and HR. The recruiter was most helpful in guiding me through the process and keeping me informed on the status.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your current employer of 10 years to work for Lennox?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview process was a little unconventional. I had reached out to a few recruiters in the hiring manager through LinkedIn and received a call from both the recruiter and hiring manager. The recruiter got to know me, sent me a list of questions, and asked that I send back written response prior to a phone interview that was scheduled with the hiring manager (I was looking to move back home and not located in Dallas and not living there at the time).

Questions were based on me and the recruiters discussion ranging from behavioral questions, skills, passions, etc.

After my phone interview, they flew me out to the Richardson Headquarters where I met with the hiring manager, the manager's boss, and then went to lunch with some of the team.

I was offered the job the following week and the whole process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• - Describe your experience with project management.
      - How do you prioritize?
      - What does digital innovation look like to you?
      - How do you approach customer needs and present analysis?
      - Strengths/Weaknesses
      - If you're currently now in the HVAC industry, what transferable skills do you have that would benefit the both of us?
      - Biggest Professional Accomplishment?   Answer Question

Commercial Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

From the beginning of the relationship starting with recruitment, 1.1 meetings, panel interviews and HR discussions all in succession. The Lennox interview process' were thorough and informative. All levels spoke well of the Lennox teams passion for operational excellence.

Interview Questions

• The panel team gave several specific scenarios for challenges currently facing the business unit.   1 Answer

Inside Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lennox (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was very impressed with the process as a whole. A tremendous amount of care was taken to ensure the interview process was discrete. The persons conducting my interview were extremely courteous and spent a considerable amount of time ensuring that all parties involved, myself included, felt that the candidate and the company were well suited for each other. The questions asked were appropriate for the situation and relevant to the position for which I had applied. The offer/hiring process was well coordinated/executed and I received an ample amount of communication throughout. Well done!

Interview Questions

• The interview process was conducted in two, separate sessions. I was asked, and answered, a multitude of questions. There wasn't a specific question that stands out. What caught my attention was the number and variety of questions used to aid in determining that I had the right mix of experience, aptitude, and attitude to be successful in my new role.   Answer Question