Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software EngineerMachine Learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a call asking me to schedule interviews for this position. I gave the interview and I actually loved the interview even enough I didn't do great. They really focused on my machine learning projects and work and it was a very educative interview. However, what I hated was their behavior after the interview. It's been more than 2 weeks after the interview and I still haven't heard back from them. After all the time I have invested in their interview process, the least they could do is give me a message be it a yes or no instead of keeping me waiting. It's highly unprofessional behavior and one that is despicable.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo in June 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a good interview. I appreciate the interest they had in me but i dint get an offer.I think they are looking for the right candidates that fits there position. But still have a positive attitude towards the company.

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, after a discussion at a career fair. Got an email for virtual pre-recorded interviews. Did not get through to next stage. I dont really know what went wrong, because I felt I answered the questions very well.

Network Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for this internship in Dec 2016. I got a call from the recruiter wanting to take my first screening interview. He asked some basic technical questions and mostly behavioral questions. I went to the premises then twice and for each on-site interview I faced 2 rounds each. All in all about 5 rounds

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions about SDN and virtualization techniques, also some basics of networking, networking protocols, python coding, design questions with a coding solution, other behavioral questions in the final round. I was a candidate for the final round but they went for the other person. All in all, prepare Thoroughly before you go for this interview, their selection procedure is tough. Be prepared   Answer Question

Lenovo Accelerated Sales Rotational (LASR) Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Apply online through their website, then they will contact you if they like you. Next step is an online "interview" that is prerecorded. You simply are given some time to answer record your answers on camera. If they like your video interview, then they invite you for an on-site interview in Raleigh, NC.

First night, there is a meet and greet with other candidates and some staff. Then the next day, there is an interview that consists of a "Why Lenovo" pitch to some employees, 2:1 interview (2 employees questioning you), and a team exercise (come up with a game with highest margins possible that you can market in a certain amount of time)

I had an extremely negative experience once I was invited to Raleigh for an in-person interview. First, most firms offer to pay travel costs. Lenovo requested I drive from the Washington, DC area. Not a huge deal since I have a reliable car and I'm used to driving long distances. However, they only offered to reimburse for gas expenses. Every other employer offered to pay the standard IRS deduction - 54 cents per mile. This equals roughly $300 + hotel expenses for reimbursement, but with gas only, my reimbursement was a little under $100. Not a huge deal, I was asking for a job after all, and they said my hotel would be prepaid.

However, upon arrival to the hotel, I had to pay for the room on my own personal credit card and wait several weeks for Lenovo to straighten things out and have the hotel refund my credit card. As for the ~$100 gas expense that they promised to reimburse, no such luck as of mid-January 2017 (My interview was in November 2016. Seems pretty unprofessional - I reached out to the recruiter, who has been promising to get me my reimbursement in November/Early December, but recently, have been ignoring my emails.

The recruiter also thought that it would be acceptable to share my personal information with a contractor, CTG, that Lenovo uses. I have accepted (a significantly better) offer a couple before Lenovo's decision for this position was released. I relayed this information to my recruiter, but he unprofessionally decided to forward my information to a 3rd party company instead.

Given my experience with Lenovo, I would be extremely hesitant to consider the firm as a future employer

Interview Questions

Lenovo Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Recruiting and Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for your review. Your experience was unusual and we are using your feedback to continue to improve our Process Implementation Plan. Reimbursement requests may be submitted to... More

Future Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first with the HR recruits on case analysis. Then department leaders with more in-depth and individualized questions. First round was on the USC campus for california candidates, second was an online interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face interview with hiring manager and then a position is offered or you are not offered the position - make sure you a prepared for the in person interview

Marketing Campaign Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I would probably say this was an anomaly but too unique not to share. Definitely the longest process I've ever had. If I could summarize the overall process, it would be very disorganized, tedious and disappointing. I had 10 interview interactions (2 were repeated) which encompassed a phone screen, a phone interview and 4 on-site (1 to 4 hour) 1:1 sessions. The entire process spanned across 4 months.

What was originally communicated to me was, the process would be a phone interview with the director and an onsite to meet the team, then a decision. At this point, I'm thinking "Ok, I can make this work" (I currently work full-time and part-time graduate program). However, it ended up being a request to bring me for an on-site with the entire team that week, then it slowly built up through "Oh, the director wants you to meet.. so and so, can you come in this week?" 3 more times. I clarified the timeline at each point of the stage but it ended up being different anyways.

I live about 1-1.5 hours away, so these weren't exactly small commitments I was making on my dime to take time off work, time/cost to travel, risk, etc. I did make it work with a faster turn than I would have liked, to meet the same enthusiasm they were giving me. Met with, probably, everyone that I would have interacted within the team, cross-functionally with an IT/data manager, and with the VP and then a recap with the director after all these rounds. Negotiated a bit on salary. The perception throughout the process seemed promising and fairly positive, only addressing some minor concern about my experience that could be overcome. Fairly intensive process for a junior-mid level position.

Not all was as bad, the interviewers were all pleasant to talk to, very knowledgeable and driven. Plus, it was great to have gotten down that "far" through the process (for my personal experience-wise).

Honestly, if I felt or knew there were issues that I didn't represent myself well enough earlier in the process or came off as an unsuitable candidate, I wouldn't have kept coming back and keep wasting my or the team's time. I don't think it would have taken 4 on-sites and 7-8 people to determine and screen me based on this either.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions.
      - Tell me about yourself.
      - Strengths and weaknesses.
      - Tell me about a problem and how you solved it.
      - Tell me about your personal side.
      - How many blue houses are there in the US?
      - What do you know about Lenovo?
      - How would you explain marketing to a 10 year old?
      - If we were at a party, how would you sell me _______?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo in February 2016.

Interview

90% behavior questions. Just very general. Like why did choose this College. The location preference. Why? Why do you want to work for us? The interviewer was not seem very nice. Make sure you know the budget analysis, and some basic finance terms.

Hyperscale Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo in February 2016.

Interview

Was painful. Recruiter called me up and explained the job role and said, I was match. Went trhough salary expectations and everything, but I never received a follow up call or an email. I emailed like 5 times before giving up. Its a common courtesy to reply to emails. I understand that, I might not be the exact match. but I expect a response. highly unprofessional attitude