Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (New York, NY).

Interview

They were intended to do an CEB test. But somehow the website did not work. So they later changed it to a pre-recorded online interview. There are 4 questions in total and all of them are behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• If you can invest in only one project, what would it be?   1 Answer

Lenovo Accelerated Sales Rotational (LASR) Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Apply online through their website, then they will contact you if they like you. Next step is an online "interview" that is prerecorded. You simply are given some time to answer record your answers on camera. If they like your video interview, then they invite you for an on-site interview in Raleigh, NC.

First night, there is a meet and greet with other candidates and some staff. Then the next day, there is an interview that consists of a "Why Lenovo" pitch to some employees, 2:1 interview (2 employees questioning you), and a team exercise (come up with a game with highest margins possible that you can market in a certain amount of time)

I had an extremely negative experience once I was invited to Raleigh for an in-person interview. First, most firms offer to pay travel costs. Lenovo requested I drive from the Washington, DC area. Not a huge deal since I have a reliable car and I'm used to driving long distances. However, they only offered to reimburse for gas expenses. Every other employer offered to pay the standard IRS deduction - 54 cents per mile. This equals roughly $300 + hotel expenses for reimbursement, but with gas only, my reimbursement was a little under $100. Not a huge deal, I was asking for a job after all, and they said my hotel would be prepaid.

However, upon arrival to the hotel, I had to pay for the room on my own personal credit card and wait several weeks for Lenovo to straighten things out and have the hotel refund my credit card. As for the ~$100 gas expense that they promised to reimburse, no such luck as of mid-January 2017 (My interview was in November 2016. Seems pretty unprofessional - I reached out to the recruiter, who has been promising to get me my reimbursement in November/Early December, but recently, have been ignoring my emails.

The recruiter also thought that it would be acceptable to share my personal information with a contractor, CTG, that Lenovo uses. I have accepted (a significantly better) offer a couple before Lenovo's decision for this position was released. I relayed this information to my recruiter, but he unprofessionally decided to forward my information to a 3rd party company instead.

Given my experience with Lenovo, I would be extremely hesitant to consider the firm as a future employer

Interview Questions

Lenovo Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Recruiting and Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for your review. Your experience was unusual and we are using your feedback to continue to improve our Process Implementation Plan. Reimbursement requests may be submitted to ... More

Future Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first with the HR recruits on case analysis. Then department leaders with more in-depth and individualized questions. First round was on the USC campus for california candidates, second was an online interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who stated the process would be quick. My credentials matched exactly for the posted opening. After speaking with two recruiters, the next steps included six senior level interviews. Three were in person. The offer process is long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Negotiated overall package.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

Very laid back. We went out to lunch and we talked about the product and my experience. There was another interview which was a little more formal but never too bad.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

You have many phone calls with people from all over the country. Everyone is really nice, it's hard to read since everyone is so nice. The first phone interview is what you'd expect, the basic questions. Then the second one is more in depth questions that you generally hear about for every interview. I stopped after that because I decided to take another path with my life. I interviewed for the post college rotational program. You have to give a presentation at the final interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the CTG recruiter, did a phone interview with her. Then scheduled a phone interview with her, followed by an in person interview at their Raleigh location. After the 30 min interview I was called the next day by the recruiter and offered the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, one with manager and one with senior research team member, the manager asked overall skills and the research member asked me about infrastructure storage testing experience. Interviews were good and they helped me think and answer the questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.

why you are leaving your current employer
      why you are leaving your current employer
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face interview with hiring manager and then a position is offered or you are not offered the position - make sure you a prepared for the in person interview