Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lenovo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face interview with hiring manager and then a position is offered or you are not offered the position - make sure you a prepared for the in person interview

Marketing Campaign Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I would probably say this was an anomaly but too unique not to share. Definitely the longest process I've ever had. If I could summarize the overall process, it would be very disorganized, tedious and disappointing. I had 10 interview interactions (2 were repeated) which encompassed a phone screen, a phone interview and 4 on-site (1 to 4 hour) 1:1 sessions. The entire process spanned across 4 months.

What was originally communicated to me was, the process would be a phone interview with the director and an onsite to meet the team, then a decision. At this point, I'm thinking "Ok, I can make this work" (I currently work full-time and part-time graduate program). However, it ended up being a request to bring me for an on-site with the entire team that week, then it slowly built up through "Oh, the director wants you to meet.. so and so, can you come in this week?" 3 more times. I clarified the timeline at each point of the stage but it ended up being different anyways.

I live about 1-1.5 hours away, so these weren't exactly small commitments I was making on my dime to take time off work, time/cost to travel, risk, etc. I did make it work with a faster turn than I would have liked, to meet the same enthusiasm they were giving me. Met with, probably, everyone that I would have interacted within the team, cross-functionally with an IT/data manager, and with the VP and then a recap with the director after all these rounds. Negotiated a bit on salary. The perception throughout the process seemed promising and fairly positive, only addressing some minor concern about my experience that could be overcome. Fairly intensive process for a junior-mid level position.

Not all was as bad, the interviewers were all pleasant to talk to, very knowledgeable and driven. Plus, it was great to have gotten down that "far" through the process (for my personal experience-wise).

Honestly, if I felt or knew there were issues that I didn't represent myself well enough earlier in the process or came off as an unsuitable candidate, I wouldn't have kept coming back and keep wasting my or the team's time. I don't think it would have taken 4 on-sites and 7-8 people to determine and screen me based on this either.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions.
      - Tell me about yourself.
      - Strengths and weaknesses.
      - Tell me about a problem and how you solved it.
      - Tell me about your personal side.
      - How many blue houses are there in the US?
      - What do you know about Lenovo?
      - How would you explain marketing to a 10 year old?
      - If we were at a party, how would you sell me _______?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

It was not difficult. The HR was just trying to get to know me. The manager asked about my experience and wanted me to give some opinions on the ads they had. The process was managed by a hiring company so it was efficient and professional. Hired as a contractor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo in February 2016.

Interview

90% behavior questions. Just very general. Like why did choose this College. The location preference. Why? Why do you want to work for us? The interviewer was not seem very nice. Make sure you know the budget analysis, and some basic finance terms.

Hyperscale Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo in February 2016.

Interview

Was painful. Recruiter called me up and explained the job role and said, I was match. Went trhough salary expectations and everything, but I never received a follow up call or an email. I emailed like 5 times before giving up. Its a common courtesy to reply to emails. I understand that, I might not be the exact match. but I expect a response. highly unprofessional attitude

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very long process. The recruiter was professional and kept me up to date by weeks went by without movement. There were multiple interviewers who asked repetitive questions. One interviewer seemed to just read my resume when I walked into the office. Most were seemingly prepared. The recruiter helped a lot. The offer was low and I did not accept. It was less than I said I was looking for during the first conversation and even after some negotiation it wasn't a reasonable offer for what I was going to be doing.

Interview Questions

• Typical career path questions, lots of questions around my motivators, a lot of repetitive questions by different interviews.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter, 2 weeks later I interviewed with a CTG manager on the Lenovo campus. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. Also got a brief tour of the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

First, contacted a CTG recruiter and did a phone interview. Then, a week later, I had a in person interview with a manager. It lasted 30min. Interviewer asked a couple brief questions about professional experience. It is important to come prepared!

Interview Questions

• Why work with Lenovo? Why Sales?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lenovo (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Fairly basic where the interviewer provides an overview of the group, Overview of the work required and then a deeper dive into my history and experience level. The interview itself lasted just over an hour. In this instance it, as a contract hire, personality was less of an concern and the goal was to find someone who could perform the task reasonably well.

Interview Questions

• For this position they main question, although it wasn't asked immediately, was what kind of hardware board bring-up experience did I have.   Answer Question

Non-Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online in mid-October. I was contacted for a phone screen. They asked me to submit a written questionnaire. I was contacted for an in person interview and had a follow up interview. I met with 2 managers and some HR people. Everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Lenovo? Describe your strengths. Are there any questions you would like to ask us.   1 Answer